Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infrastructure & Roads posters: how will you vote?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Tremelo wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what the results would be, so I'll venture a private poll.

I'll declare from the outset: I'm not a member of any political party, but I have consistently voted for Fine Gael in every election since 2002 when I became entitled to vote.

I have given transfers to Labour on several occasions, and once to the Greens. I have never voted for Fianna Fáil, Sinn Féin, assorted Independents, or any other grouping.

This time round I intend to vote Fine Gael 1 & 2, and possibly Labour 3.

Proposed capital investment/infrastructure plans are election issues for me.
    vote Fianna Fail Lads,For A Real Plan & a better future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I think we have to be careful about any party that promises low taxes too and look what happened from 2000-2008. We need to realise that income tax has to take another hike again during the next 5 years but ill vote FG seeing as there the only party capable of trimming down the public sector. Being in government with labour will involve too many dealings with unions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Roryhy wrote: »
    Really??? I found that to be a pretty weak performance. The man has no charisma and doesn't inspire me at all. Bertie, for all his shortcomings, would give you a laugh and cheer you up.

He'd make you laugh and cheer you up? Sounds more like the abilities of a clown than a prime minister. And we all know where Bertie led us in the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Voting FG No.1 as there the only party who will enforce or even tear up the CPA.
    Formerly voted FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Plowman wrote: »

This was my result:

support.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Here is my result:

lala.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Seems I'm voting for "Server Error" awh well :D

server-error.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

Roryhy wrote: »
    Tremelo wrote: »
    It's beyond me how anyone could have preferred Bertie to Enda

Really??? I found that to be a pretty weak performance. The man has no charisma and doesn't inspire me at all. Bertie, for all his shortcomings, would give you a laugh and cheer you up.

Personality is more important to you than competence? Bertie helped to screw this country's economy up - both as Finance Minister and by appointing Charlie "I spend it when I have it" McCreevy as Minister for Finance. Then there's all that crap about him winning it on the horses...

I despair of people like you who vote for someone on the basis of who'd be better crack if you went for a pint.

vote Fianna Fail Lads,For A Real Plan & a better future.

No thanks. Their lack of planning has left Ireland with a very bleak future.

• Advertisement

mgmt wrote: »
    I don't see the point in the Irish taxpayer pumping billions into the existing banks and then Labour creating a brand new bank for small businesses. In fact it seems a ludicrous proposal.

That's why we need to stop pumping billions into failed and failing banks. Which is more ludicrous? Pumping billions into Anglo-Irish or creating a state-owned bank which will actually lend money responsibly to small business?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I will probably vote FG. Although I dont really like them, I feel they are going to win anyway and its more important for them to have an absolute majority than to have another bloody coalition and the 'me fein parish pump pothole' Independant crowd like Jackie Healy Rae glossing over all their decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

Personality is more important to you than competence? Bertie helped to screw this country's economy up - both as Finance Minister and by appointing Charlie "I spend it when I have it" McCreevy as Minister for Finance. Then there's all that crap about him winning it on the horses...

I despair of people like you who vote for someone on the basis of who'd be better crack if you went for a pint.

Don't put words in my mouth. I probably will vote Fine Gael now, i think its best for the country, but a leader is supposed to inspire you and encourage you that there's a future beyond all of this, Enda doesn't do that for me, he's Fine Gael's Achilles heel in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I will probably vote FG. Although I dont really like them, I feel they are going to win anyway and its more important for them to have an absolute majority than to have another bloody coalition and the 'me fein parish pump pothole' Independant crowd like Jackie Healy Rae glossing over all their decisions.

I'm actually of that opinion too. I don't like FG but think I'll vote them as I would prefer a majority. I've never understood our infatuation with coalitions. When they had to have a coalition in UK, the media implied it was the worst thing ever, I wonder if they're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

Advertisement