Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What time will the results be out tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bistrosidecar

Slippers wrote: »
    I go to bed for three hours and still nothing.

I do English and Drama and just got mine. Might want to do a refresh again? Only got three hours sleep. Thank Mithra, I passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

pretty happy with my results!! did far better than i thought!!!:-)! good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

2.88...an A, a B, a C and 2 Ds; not my ideal start to my masters
    If the pass rate wasn't upped to 50% I would have got an A, 2 Bs and 2 Cs; I miss the old days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Dont worry Shorty
    You can so improve upon on that in the 2nd semester. And you've thirty credits of a thesis to do to boost it up :). I did in my MA.
    Yay, I'm in absolute shock. Wasnt expecting A's never mind B's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

GPA of 3.63 woot!

So close off a 3.68 . . .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

What do you need to get to get a First Class? (I'm in first year, so it doesn't count - but it's nice to be able to understand the GPA).

I always thought it was 3.8, not 3.68.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Dont worry Shorty
    You can so improve upon on that in the 2nd semester. And you've thirty credits of a thesis to do to boost it up :). I did in my MA.
    Yay, I'm in absolute shock. Wasnt expecting A's never mind B's.

Yeah I'll have to lol, my results are really similar to how they've always been just the shift from 40-50% for the pass rate moved my results down a whole grade.

One lecturer gave me 49% in the final exam, that's just evil :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

The sham of a module was not included in my results although sis says i earned all my credits.

I dont know if thats good, bad or indifferent. Surely if I failed they would still put it up if they had them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 chemgirl

mine still arent up and its killing me slowly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

Does anyone know what it means when there's a W where the grade should be? I've got all B's and B+'s and a very odd W...

• Advertisement

What do you need to get to get a First Class? (I'm in first year, so it doesn't count - but it's nice to be able to understand the GPA).

I always thought it was 3.8, not 3.68.

Pretty sure it's 3.68

3.8 is an A- average
    3.6 is a B+ average so it's in the middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

Oh yeah...sorry about that!! I just looked at the grades and not the module titles!! Still asleep...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Passed EVERYTHING! Was expecting repeats! Didn't get the one A I wanted but screw it! Yet another semester where UCD are NOT GETTING MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ing second year! Stress much!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

lads ye tortured yourselves last night :o

passed them all, a C in my elective dragged me down a bit, but sure who gives a hoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Passed em all thanks be ta ****. Dodgy mark in electrical circuits dragged me down, but what can ya do? Thought i had failed it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

The results are out and I passed everythig!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Not a first, but v close

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Yes! Passed all me exams...I can now afford my Rock am Ring tickets :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

borderline 1.1, sadly on the wrong side of the border. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

ok just hopped out the bed ready to see my results - til i realised i have no idea how to check them. where are they? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

www.ucd.ie/stuweb -->
    Information for Students -->
    Student Records

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

muffinz wrote: »
    ok just hopped out the bed ready to see my results - til i realised i have no idea how to check them. where are they? :p

SIS -> Info for Students -> Student Records.

EDIT: Too late :P
    Best of luck with your results :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I hate life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Thanks! I got B's and C's in everything... Got my 30 creds... Rather happy because I was aiming for a D- in everything so i could scrape a pass... :D:D

I did 7 modules in Semester One, (35 credits out of 60), leaving 25 credits (5 modules) to do in Semester Two.

Does the fact that I did this push my Semester One GPA upwards? Thus my Semester Two GPA will be lower, so when they are put together it will result in a 'normal' GPA.

For example, I got 4.03 in Semester One. If I get 3.5 in Semester Two, averaging these doesn't make sense as it's not a 30:30 divide in credits? Or does it not matter because it's averaging based on the amount of subjects I've done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Passed everything!

Genuinely shocked that I managed to bring my Political Geog grade from what was a G- (MCQ) to a D (B in end of sem exam), without actually going to the lectures.

Chuffed! Now, back to bed :D

35 credits has a higher weighting than 25 - so you could get a little lower in semester 2 and they average out in a 35:25 ratio
    (i suck at maths but - the weighting is important, so you have a little breathing room in semester 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Can anyone tell me where I can check what my G.P.A equals? I dunno whether its a 2.2 or a 2.1 or a B or what :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

I did 7 modules in Semester One, (35 credits out of 60), leaving 25 credits (5 modules) to do in Semester Two.

Does the fact that I did this push my Semester One GPA upwards? Thus my Semester Two GPA will be lower, so when they are put together it will result in a 'normal' GPA.

For example, I got 4.03 in Semester One. If I get 3.5 in Semester Two, averaging these doesn't make sense as it's not a 30:30 divide in credits? Or does it not matter because it's averaging based on the amount of subjects I've done?

(4.03*7+3.5*5)/12 would give you a GPA of 3.81. They just redo the calculation they did to get the semester GPAs with all twelve modules instead.

Advertisement