Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What time will the results be out tomorrow?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

Can anyone tell me where I can check what my G.P.A equals? I dunno whether its a 2.2 or a 2.1 or a B or what :confused:

www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/ModularGradesExplainedStudents.pdf

2.00 Pass
    2.48 2.2
    3.08 2.1
    3.68 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

Passed them all, including Constitutional Law, I'm over the moon cos if I keep my GPA at 3.36 or improve it I'm eligible to apply for Erasmus and the International Exchange! WOOOOOOOOH! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FirePower

For my resit exam i got a grade of C(R), what does that mean?
    does it mean i got a grade of C in the resit or I passed by compensation or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

Ha, I got an F+ in one of my exams (worth 70 %) and still managed to pass the module. Christ, I'm glad I actually worked on that assignment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm just not going to check. I'll just keep going to college until they kick me out. It's an absolutely bullet-proof plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I'm pretty clueless with all this stuff but I'm inquiring on a friend's behalf - how good is a 3.42 overall? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Its quite a good grade. Its an average of a B, which according to UCD's grade guide, is what is considered a "Very Good" mark.

Will allow the applicant to apply for most jobs, and will look good on a CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    I'm pretty clueless with all this stuff but I'm inquiring on a friend's behalf - how good is a 3.42 overall? Thanks

I think its very good. Would it be fair to say anything over 3.0 is very good? (I got 3.17)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Thanks folks, appreciate it

500 posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 stopthelights

3.93 GPA! BOOM!!! :D delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I think it shows just how poor my standards are when I'm delighted to get a GPA of over 2.5 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

kev9100 wrote: »
    I think its very good. Would it be fair to say anything over 3.0 is very good? (I got 3.17)

Thats a second class honours, again considered to be a good grade.

Fact is, alot of jobs in industry etc demand that you have a 2.1. (GPA 3.08) Very few ask for a 1.1 (GPA 3.68), although there are exceptions.

This does not mean if you don't get a 2.1 you are screwed however, there are jobs, just alot of the big multi nationals will not hire you straight as a graduate. But once you get a few years experience they would likely hire you and dismiss the grades in favor of experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

A+, A, B+, B, B, D = 3.47! DELIGHTED
    Wasnt too impressed having stupidly stayed up all night waiting for the results - remind me never to do that again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    A+, A, B+, B, B, D = 3.47! DELIGHTED
    Wasnt too impressed having stupidly stayed up all night waiting for the results - remind me never to do that again!

Which is your pharmacology? (if i'm thinking of the right person)

Either way, well done!

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Which is your pharmacology? (if i'm thinking of the right person)

Either way, well done!

hey chet - good memory - that was me alright! The lil "d" was pharm - just so happy to have passed the blooming thing

Yeah I'll have to lol, my results are really similar to how they've always been just the shift from 40-50% for the pass rate moved my results down a whole grade.

One lecturer gave me 49% in the final exam, that's just evil :P

whats this about the pass rate being moved from 40 to 50%??

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Guys, I got sick during the exams and missed 3 of them. Got the results, passed the 3 I did, got 2 IX, but one says NG instead of IX, should I email them about it, or will it change when finals results comes out? I'm a bit paranoid about it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Lucet wrote: »
    Guys, I got sick during the exams and missed 3 of them. Got the results, passed the 3 I did, got 2 IX, but one says NG instead of IX, should I email them about it, or will it change when finals results comes out? I'm a bit paranoid about it :/

Double check the person grading it knew you were sick. Did you get 100% confirmation at the time you were getting 3 IX grades?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    whats this about the pass rate being moved from 40 to 50%??

Different schools sometimes have different grading levels. That persons school may have done that.

This is still the general guide for grades in UCD. http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

4.03 Huzzah! That's 15% of the degree boxed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

3.8. Very happy although it was only 10 credits, another 50 to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Hi
    Quick question For my friend, what's a 3.6 ? Is that the sane as a 3.68? Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Hi
    Quick question For my friend, what's a 3.6 ? Is that the sane as a 3.68? Thank you
    No, it's different. In that it's not the same, being .08 lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Finished my degree! Goodbye UCD, you will not be missed.

Notorious wrote: »
    Finished my degree! Goodbye UCD, you will not be missed.

well done notorious. must be a great feeling to be finished!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Lucet wrote: »

I was told my IX wouldn't show up on the provisional results and it hasn't so you should be ok. (although the fact you have got some IX's is worrying me!)

Advertisement