Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE's Political Correspondent Brian Dowling bugs the hell out of me

• 03-02-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I can't stand his accent/pronounciation.

We have a few weeks of hardcore Dublinesque at it's finest to look forward to from him :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Ooh, Taoiseach, you are awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

He's not as bad as David Davin Power, with his crazy non-blinking eyes. Ive seen the guy do 3 minute reports without blinking. Well, that or our blinks were exactly in sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

If you talk about blinking what about blinking Karl Deeter?

The mortgage broker during the Celtic Tiger who is now every negitive equity victim's best mate now. I found his presentation of this morning's business news this morning on Newstalk to be badly presented. He even said " F X " instead of foreign exchange.

Then again Newstalk aint too selective - did they even give Ivan Yates the 3 weeks off after he went into receivership? Or maybe Ivan just couldn't wait to get the dollars again -as they say - cash is king!!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭papermaker

whens he gonna get his teeth fixed ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Danbo! wrote: »
    He's not as bad as David Davin Power, with his crazy non-blinking eyes. Ive seen the guy do 3 minute reports without blinking. Well, that or our blinks were exactly in sync.

This made me blink immediately after reading it, now I can't stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Not as bad as his namesake. That knob that was on Big Brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

that made me chuckle to myself i must admit! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Now I'm blinking like I don't know what! Dagnammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

David mc collugh (sp?) seems to be a good, no bs, down the line kinda guy.
    He has a PHd in politics and has a dry snappy way of delivering reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Paaascal Sheeheeey.

Aaaar Tea Eeeeh Newas,

Caaark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Pat Kenny is the real culprit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

He seems to be used sparingly on the front line but what he does contribute is very well informed and insightful.

A lot better than some of the mopes on the RTE reporting payroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Every Brian Dowling report at the weekend, you are guaranteed to hear the following:

"Speaking on the Week in Politics....." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Dobson is the real scallywag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

.....thumbs up for hatred of Ryan Tubridy...
    ....I learned this on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tropics

I have to agree Op. After watching anchorman, I can't help but notice that Brian never lets Sharon get the last word of the broadcast. This bugs me..its the little things:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Not as bad as his namesake. That knob that was on Big Brother.

They're different people? :eek:

Advertisement