Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Media Player issue: Setanta Sports via Eircom BB?

• 03-02-2011 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

I've tried this query in Biz>Talk to>Eircom and Nets & Comms>Broadband but have had no joy. Have been advised in the Eircom forum it could be a PC issue so I'll try here.

I switched from the Eircom 3 Meg BB option to NGB in October 2010. Since then I have lost the option to switch between the lower (300 Kbps) and higher (800 Kbps) quality stream when watching Setanta Sports online. I think it uses an embedded Windows Media Player.

I originally thought all Eircom customers may have lost this option at the same time. Not so it seems. My friend who also has Eircom BB is still on the 3 Meg package and still has the option to switch between the two streams. So the question is why have I lost this option? Has anyone else encountered this issue? Wondering is there a solution to it? (See images below).

Image of Setanta Sports running on friends computer. Note the buttons just below the video screen to switch between the streams (300 Kbps & 850 Kbps). His operating system is Windows XP. Don't know version of Media Player used.
    146443.jpg

Image of my computer. No buttons visible to switch between the streams. Operating system is Windows Vista. Version 11 of Media Player. Same thing happens when using either IE or Firefox.
    146444.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Apologies for thread bump. Anyone any ideaa? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement