Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mary Lou McDonald Election Posters

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

i'd still bang her

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The words "eyes like two pissholes in the snow" spring readily to mind. As do the words "unsharp mask" and "gaussian blur". Do I require a saucer of milk or "bainne" as she would likely say? Why yes. Yes I do.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

orourkeda wrote: »
    i'd still bang her

Thats exactly the point though, innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

either that or the makeup artist put the stuff on with a trowel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

i'd still bang her

4.5/10

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    4.5/10

Yeah. Bangable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

she's a poor mans mary harney

Rothmans wrote: »
    Thats exactly the point though, innit?

I wouldnt vote for her but she'd get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

i'd still bang her

your bang and her bang might be a bit different

same make up artist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

hondasam wrote: »
    is that what's called a tripple entendre. :D
    AH anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

this article was in the Herald tonight about them been photoshopped. It seems that when the Herald havent got something to criticise SF about they drag up something ludacris. But I have to say having met the woman a few times she looks more like she does in the election poster than in the other photo they have of her. I'd imagine every female politician has similar differences in their posters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

She's 41! Married with 2 kids? Damn...what other female politicians can I have a crush on....Mary Hanafin? Coughlan? Joan Burton?

**** sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Looks like lighting and make-up to me.

She's 41! Married with 2 kids? Damn...what other female politicians can I have a crush on....Mary Hanafin? Coughlan? Joan Burton?

**** sake.

She is married not dead, crush away

Yeah. Bangable

:eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Larianne wrote: »
    Precisely

**** sake.

Caroline Flint imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

i'd still bang her

You would not bang her.

She would bang you. Your input would be purely physical

Wibbs wrote: »
    The words "eyes like two pissholes in the snow" spring readily to mind. As do the words "unsharp mask" and "gaussian blur". Do I require a saucer of milk or "bainne" as she would likely say? Why yes. Yes I do.

I lol'd at this. :D

Same can be said of all election posters. The ones featuring a heavily airbrushed enda kenny in front of a soft focus green countryside are especially nauseating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

**** sake.

Aoife Brennan?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

jesus christ!!

gsxr1 wrote: »
    You would not bang her.

Is that not the case for most men ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

Well folks i well and truely drew the short straw on the election posters.. As the rubber bandits would say "Ive a horse outside"
    Well a great big poster of mary white on the pole acoss the road from my house, Not quite a horse..
    Think if i had a horse that looked like that id be askin my vet to do the humane thing and put it down!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've seen her out and about a couple of times.. she's actually kinda cute lookin'.. if a little stumpy. Her pictures never look great though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

She looks like shes got fish hooks on both sides of her mouth pulling that smile off her face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

The weird thing is, she doesnt look very IRISH
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

a tad harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Remember when they brought her on to The Panel and then asked her why the Sinn Fein online store still sold 'Sniper At Work' merchandise?

That was great to see her rendered speechless by something she couldn't talk her way out of.

"Oh yeah. I know we say we're all modern but our supporters still sometimes like to revel in y'know, murder and that. Sorry!"

Hah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

I'd ride Gerry Adams before I rode that wench. But that's mainly because he'd HATE it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

hondasam wrote: »

Not the best gag ever, but worth a shot and it would have gone down a bomb!

Wonder if today's gonna be a good Friday for crappy puns....we could see an explosion of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

She's the poor man's Kerry Katona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

This thread reminded me of a Mary Lou poster from a few years back,possibly from the last election that we drunkenly took one time and i still for some reason.................who am i kidding,i used to fancy the hole off her

marylou1.jpg
    marylou2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

The weird thing is, she doesnt look very IRISH
    ;)

You're right. Looks a bit like Paisley's daughter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

D1stant wrote: »
    You're right. Looks a bit like Paisley's daughter
    Imagine if that were true. I'd love to see that on a Jeremy Kyle DNA special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

I'd probably marry her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

check out fine gael's emma kiernan-defo would.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw5nLR488_CkqCbHQwPYhCMst4FUF7usgJ9_EVPivdYDIzoKqlgQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxTiCTHwfFuOS1pdJyqGum8uXZmcWuixmJyrrwbXqNGed29z6Wimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNH18_mvFuvJMQ42Z7GqtmP7K1-mlrDjhWOcOjnjbE0HvQAfUxfacebook.jpg

check out fine gael's emma kiernan-defo would.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw5nLR488_CkqCbHQwPYhCMst4FUF7usgJ9_EVPivdYDIzoKqlgQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxTiCTHwfFuOS1pdJyqGum8uXZmcWuixmJyrrwbXqNGed29z6Wimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNH18_mvFuvJMQ42Z7GqtmP7K1-mlrDjhWOcOjnjbE0HvQAfUxfacebook.jpg

yes I would without fail

It reminds me how sub-par our wimmin politicians really are

The president of Argentina per example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kennedy35

photoshopped,or just a very very good make up artist?

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/whats-happened-to-you-mary-lou-2524081.html
    Mary McDonald is a very intelligent and pretty lady with uncommon, common sense. She doesn't need a very good make up artiste. Bertie paid thousands for his make up and he just looked ridiculous, and as for Brian Cowan and John Gormley,I wouldn't like to meet either of them on a dark night. If you can be sexist, so can I. Though Mary Harney isn't exactly beauty material I could go on, but I.m too tired.

I'd like some mcdonalds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

All of those posters are photoshopped.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

The Hearld talking about Photo-shopping ?

Am I seeing this right, This is the most obvious decoy I have ever seen. Even RTÉ try and hide it a little.

As usual papers hit out a SF , and try and take the heat off FF and the other party's .

The women that wrote that article most be one looker or a jealous mother ****er. Who can say photos are photo-shopped without any proof expect the poster look different from a few years ago.

Why mention she is 41 and has two kids ?

Can people not look good at 41 and have two kids ? No ?

She is one sad little bitch that wrote that article , nothing better to do that show her pro FF side and slate a good looking women for her age.

What a sad and petite women to do so. I have no time for people like her or her sadistic articles.

Then again it's why I don't read the Hearld . Cop the **** on .

----
    First, there's the streamlined silhouette, the cutting-edge cropped hair style -- a big difference to the more casual bob she favours in TV appearances. Then there's the youthful, unlined complexion that would make a teenager weep with jealousy.

The cutting edge hair style ? What so cutting edge about , nothing new with it FFS

So what if she like a bob in her hair more that a flat style ?

I doubt it would make any teenager weep. Or in fact, weep with jealousy.

Not even going to go threw the rest of that ****e article .

I hate when papers single out people from SF . They wouldn't single out anyone from FF and do a run on it like this slander above .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There's a joke here somewhere about photoshop masks and balaclavas....

gsxr1 wrote: »
    You would not bang her.

Excellent. You can't be expected to get all romantic and sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

photoshopped...?

Has anyone seen an election poster with a photograph that isn't photoshopped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Larianne wrote: »

To me, looks like a leprechaun to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ew, wouldn't touch her with yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Dave! wrote: »
    ew, wouldn't touch her with yours

I'd give her my number 1 in the number 2. Arrrrrrrrrrr.

• Advertisement
Advertisement