Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election 2011 - Donegal news & views

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I was waiting for Harte's vote to jump, the Letterkenny factor finally kicked in.

Ryan is Inishowen though, can't see enough for Harte.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Rumour has it Mary Coughlan is at home comfort eating...Her choice of snack...Anything but Pringles !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

K-9 wrote: »
    I was waiting for Harte's vote to jump, the Letterkenny factor finally kicked in.

Ryan is Inishowen though, can't see enough for Harte.

Yeah agree, MacConalouge is from the same neck of the woods, but ya never know

LOL.

I never realised half the constituency is Inishowen.

I though McConnalogue and running Ryan was madness but it worked for FF and nearly for FG.

Letterkenny with no TD!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Looking at count 6 / 7 nearly all of Shiels votes went to harte, lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

John Ryan (FG) eliminated

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Lokking at count 6 / 7 nearly all of Shiels votes went to harte, lol!
    Looking at count 6 / 7 nearly all of Shiels votes went to harte, lol!
    Terrible echo in this place :D

muffler wrote: »
    Terrible echo in this place :D

Banned till after the election for posting off topic :pac:

Can't see Labour getting FG transfers in Inishowen the way they normally do but then again, FG to FF!

We live in hope.

Jimmy was complaining about other's harming him with the pro-life issue.

Jimmy did himself harm. Handing out flowers on main street of lettereknny. I hope he does the same nex year!

• Advertisement

From twitter must be tight will post up count when its appears:

8th count result imminent in Donegal north east. There will be a 9 th count. Joe McHugh of fg set to be returned on 8 th count

Breaking News: Joe McHugh re-elected. Latest count to follow

Lahm wrote: »
    Jimmy was complaining about other's harming him with the pro-life issue.

Jimmy did himself harm. Handing out flowers on main street of lettereknny. I hope he does the same nex year!

Labour were targeted on this issue. Bacik aside, they just want to actually legislate for the Irish Supreme Court X case decision.

*McHUGH, Joe (08) FG 19.3% 8731 12049
    MacLOCHLAINN, Pádraig (03) SF 24.5% 9585 9585

McCONALOGUE, Charlie FF 17.4% 7511 8245
    HARTE, Jimmy LAB 10.8% 5646 6131

Not as close as i expected it to be saying they are doing a recount, seems to be all over now bar a big feck up in the counting Edit: Is it now a case of McHughs votes over quota get distributed between hart and McConalouge?

Joe McHugh’s surplus is now being re-distributed between Harte and McConalogue. The Fianna Fail man is looking like a cert for the third seat…

From twitter:

Just noticed on Facebook that it is after midnight so it's Jimmy Harte's birthday! Unlikely to be a Dáil seat for a present

*McHUGH, Joe (08) FG 19.3% 8731 12049

McCONALOGUE, Charlie FF 17.4% 7511 8245
    HARTE, Jimmy LAB 10.8% 5646 6131

Not as close as i expected it to be saying they are doing a recount, seems to be all over now bar a big feck up in the counting Edit: Is it now a case of McHughs votes over quota get distributed between hart and McConalouge?

Yep, RTE Radio saying the same.McConnalogue is in.

Not sure on the distribution but it'll be so small, can't see it meaning much.

K-9 wrote: »
    Yep, RTE Radio saying the same.McConnalogue is in.

Not sure on the distribution but it'll be so small, can't see it meaning much.

yeah saying on highland now
    highland wrote:
    Because Joe Mc Hugh’s surplus (2569) exceeds the gap between Jimmy Harte and Charlie Mc Conalogue (2114), it is now being distributed.
    very unlikley that harte will go through but i suppose he might as well try....

P.S. my F5 button is nearly broke at this stage :P

As expected it seems that Charlie McConalogue will take the last seat in Donegal NE according to tally figures of McHugh transfer

Final decision expected shortly some Labour supporters think they are close, but FF will prevail . Should know in 20 mins

• Advertisement

tallies report that FF Charlie McConalogue got 727 transfers from Joe McHugh putting him well on his way to taking the third seat

McConalouge elected, will post up final count when its online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Band at work tonight played ' Mary' by the 4 of Us.... Twice. Apt.

Thank God for that.

McHUGH, Joe (08) FG 19.3% 12049 12049
    McCONALOGUE, Charlie (09) FF 17.4% 8245 8976

HARTE, Jimmy LAB 10. 6131 7219

Amen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Thats a wrap :D Highland radios coverage has been top notch again considering how RTE havent bothered about us.

Locking this thread , new thread opened for discussion of results Linky Time for some rest :)

Just a final word on this. As I said when the thread started politics is a very emotive subject with some people and can lead to heated debate at times but I have to say it was a pleasure (apart from a couple of wee hiccups) to moderate this thread.

You all showed maturity and respect in posting and its a credit to all of you that we got through this thread (all 24 pages of it) without any bickering or heated exchanges.

The only aspect of it that disappointed me was the fact that certain people seen the need to create multiple accounts just to promote John Duffy. It didnt do him much good obviously and their time would have been better spent going around the doors instead of pimping the candidate here.

But we wont allow that to detract from the overwhelming success of this thread so you can all stand back and give yourselves a big pat on the back.

From myself and homer - Thank you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement