Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election 2011 - Donegal news & views

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Cast a vote in Bosco centre, when I was there spotted a big banner for Highland Radio, asked when was advertising allowed in a polling station... was told that that was being used to reserve their spot for the count the next day....

Question: Have Highland radio been taken over by Germans?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

1. Pringle
    2. Doherty
    3. Mcginly

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

1. Doherty
    2. Pringle
    3. Sweeney

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

1. Green
    2. Labour
    3. Pringle
    4. B O'D
    5. FG
    6. SF
    7. Sweeney
    8. McCahill
    9. Mary

The Fathers Rights issue swung it for me as tbh I think they are all spoofing on the economy.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Well that's it now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

irish1967 wrote: »
    Job done !! Oooooh the Bosco Center is just so luxurious !
    It sure is :D

I had to go through 3 tables before I got the right one (which wasn't the one indicated on my pollcard).

Anyway deed done.

C'mon Mary (only joking :D:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mary may well need a lot of this over the next 24 - 48 hours :)

spray.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Perfume?

Why? Was she doused in vinegar?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It's deodorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Very early tally showing PD DMG and TP very prominent

22 boxes open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Pringle
    Pierce

Wonder how itll turn out folks...
    What's the consensus on coughlan I wonder?

Acording to oceanfm Tally figures for 41 boxes (Donegal electoral area) - Coughlan 1854, Doherty 2213, McGinley 1955, Pringle 2344.
    its going to be 5 or 6 this evening till 1st count :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Any idea if those boxes are from one area e.g killybegs, dungloe, etc where one candidate has a stronghold? Or are the boxes merged into one sorting area and taken at random?

Boxes open so far are from donegal town killybegs bundoran areas coughlan should be polling stronger here but its also pringles stronghold

Donegal Electoral Area: Coughlan 21.2% Doherty 21% McGinley 20% Pringle 29.9% #dlsw #dlne #ge11

Very bad for coughlan...if she doesnt pick up more votes here she hasnt a hope!

LATEST

OceanFmIreland‎ Latest tallies - Doherty 1799, McGinley 5148, Pringle 4966, Coughlan 3729 #ge11 #dlsw

Good live updates from donegal daily here
    http://www.donegaldaily.com/2011/02/26/election-2011-live-news-ticker-counts-under-way-in-donegal/

Cant figure that last tally from ocean how did dohertys vote reduce?

Not sure...im just sifting through twitter updates for #dlsw

why didnt i take my own advice and back Pringle at 4/1 2 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!

Caughlan only 30 votes ahead of pringle in frosses and caughlans votes have nosedived over all Bod polling under 10% very bad for FF lovely:D

11:29: Latest tallies in Donegal South West: Pearse Doherty (SF) 8,433, Dinny McGinley (5,657), Thomas Pringle (5,191), Mary Coughlan (3,844) Brian O’Domhnaill (3,341). So far in per centage terms that’s Doherty on 29%, McGinley on 19%, Pringle on 18%, Coughlan on 13% and O’Domhnaill on 11%. Looks like the two candidate strategy for Fianna Fail might backfire. The Pringle/Coughlan story could be making national headlines in the wee small hours. These figures are based on tallies and not official figures, so an element of caution needed

Took that from donegaldaily.com, Doherty's vote seems very high, as in huge jump from last few tallies...

• Advertisement

Firblog wrote: »
    11:29: Latest tallies in Donegal South West: Pearse Doherty (SF) 8,433, Dinny McGinley (5,657), Thomas Pringle (5,191), Mary Coughlan (3,844) Brian O’Domhnaill (3,341). So far in per centage terms that’s Doherty on 29%, McGinley on 19%, Pringle on 18%, Coughlan on 13% and O’Domhnaill on 11%. Looks like the two candidate strategy for Fianna Fail might backfire. The Pringle/Coughlan story could be making national headlines in the wee small hours. These figures are based on tallies and not official figures, so an element of caution needed

Took that from donegaldaily.com, Doherty's vote seems very high, as in huge jump from last few tallies...

Considering this is from donegal south it looks like pearse will exceed quota with massive surplus and i think a lot of his transfers will be heading to pringle
    latest from ocean match that % and highland just brodcast them same figures i assume ocean relesed incorrect tally for pearse in there last update

Latest % of votes from newstalk

Doherty 29.4%
    McGinley 19.2%
    Pringle 17.36%
    Coughlan 12.86%
    BOD 11.9%

Finn Valley boxes yet to be opened.

Newstalk now believe that Coughlan will get seat.

Firblog wrote: »
    Latest % of votes from newstalk

Doherty 29.4%
    McGinley 19.2%
    Pringle 17.36%
    Coughlan 12.86%
    BOD 11.9%

Finn Valley boxes yet to be opened.

Newstalk now believe that Coughlan will get seat.

What are they basing that on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

retalivity wrote: »
    What are they basing that on?

Probably the combined Coughlan/O'Donnell vote. FFs transfer strategy in this constituency has served them very well in the past. If Coughlan and O'Donnell transfer well, then we may well end up stuck with Coughlan - again.:mad:

Noreen1 wrote: »
    Probably the combined Coughlan/O'Donnell vote. FFs transfer strategy in this constituency has served them very well in the past. If Coughlan and O'Donnell transfer well, then we may well end up stuck with Coughlan - again.:mad:

The tallies so far are all from the south of the county, coughlan heartland. She will get very, very little north of glenties on the coast, in doherty/mcginley/BOD territory. I know a few diehard FFers that still (:mad:) voted FF (BOD), but would not vote for coughlan.
    Plus, doherty will clear the quota easily, and sweeney, duffy and mcbrearty will drop out, transferring mainly to pringle. Depending on which FFer is lower at that stage, Pringle could be too far ahead to catch.

By the time BOD drops out pringle would be in

latest tallies
    Tallies -
    Doherty 10844,
    McGinley 6851,
    Pringle 5426,
    Coughlan 4366,
    O Domhnaill 4066,
    McCahill 1745,
    McBrearty 1047,
    Duffy 449,
    Sweeney 211

retalivity wrote: »
    The tallies so far are all from the south of the county, coughlan heartland. She will get very, very little north of glenties on the coast, in doherty/mcginley/BOD territory. I know a few diehard FFers that still (:mad:) voted FF (BOD), but would not vote for coughlan.
    Plus, doherty will clear the quota easily, and sweeney, duffy and mcbrearty will drop out, transferring mainly to pringle. Depending on which FFer is lower at that stage, Pringle could be too far ahead to catch.

Fair point. With Brian O'Donnells heartland votes factored in, he will end up with more votes than Coughlan.
    Considering that he is polling reasonably well in Coughlans heartland, it looks as if the FF core voters anger is being directed at Coughlan, but they are transferring their vote to O'Donnell, more than abondoning "The Party".

I'm predicting a battle between O'Donnell and Pringle........

Brian O Donnell has a lot of support in his own area. I'm not sure I'd write him off just yet..........

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

From RTE NE:

Tally for Donegal ne inishowen eletoral area only. Sf 28 pc, ff on 27 pc, and fg combined on 33 pc.

Early days yet but no mention of Harte in Inishowen. Letterkenny maybe the clincher here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Does anyone know what the quota is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Final tally estimates - Doherty 13929, McGinley 8380, Pringle 5795, Coughlan 4918, O Domhnaill 4715, McBrearty 2175, McCahill 1863, Duffy 525, Sweeney 240

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement