Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Letter from Social Welfare

• 04-02-2011 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello,

I got a letter this morning from the social welfare office regarding an interview in a few weeks time with the Local Employment Services(LES) in cork. Its a mandatory interview, and I'm not registered for FAS.Just wondering what it is about and if anyone has experienced it themselves?

Is it a group or individual thing? My mate told me it is similar to fas.
    What sort of questions are asked?The letter dosent give a lot of info apart from they may suggest courses to do.I have already been through four years of college so i dont really want to do another course!

Should I bring my CV?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Just gone through this. The first 'interview' is a group presentation where they outline the services that LES can provide.

Such as
    • Guidance and Mediation
    • Career Guidance
    • Jobclub’s
    • Education and Training Support
    • Employer Engagement

After that they will probably ask you to have a 1:1 with one of their staff to go over these options in more detail to see if there is any intervention such as training, interview workshops, cv prep that might help you get a job. Bring the CV to this.

This link provides some info about LES http://bap.ie/les_home.html

Nothing to be afraid of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

Got a similar letter and i am in the same boat as you op,but mine is to go to the local FAS centre.Should be fun going to one of the most corrupt organisations in the country.The last thing i will be doing is one of there courses,was on one years ago and was a complete waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭jimw1988

Orobhsa wrote: »
    After that they will probably ask you to have a 1:1 with one of their staff to go over these options in more detail to see if there is any intervention such as training, interview workshops, cv prep that might help you get a job. Bring the CV to this.

Cheers Orobhsa,
    Put my mind at ease! Is the one to one on the same day or at a later date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Mine was a week later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Just so you know the reason you are supposed to register with fas is because they interview you and then send you on any jobs that you are qualified to do when hey come available. Its not just got to do with courses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement