Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That time of year again... The dreaded Love Day

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

My son brought me home a lovely valentines card that he made with a red card glitter and and a heart shaped sponge cake he made and told me he loved me.

He will be getting one grandma flowers and the other grandma who is away a valentine email.
    How beautiful. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

My son brought me home a lovely valentines card that he made with a red card glitter and and a heart shaped sponge cake he made and told me he loved me.

He will be getting one grandma flowers and the other grandma who is away a valentine email.
    We were so much more innocent when we were younger :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Tallon wrote: »
    We were so much more innocent when we were younger :p

Maybe we should just pretend we are three this time of year.

How did it all become such a minefield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I actually made my ex a card for the 3 years I was with here, and on our anniversary.

She was into all that stuff, and she appreciated it a lot more than some overpriced roses and a box of milk tray

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I have an exam that morning, that being remembered is far more important :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

im dreading it...maybe i ll make a card for my mom like I used to do in school :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I'm not that bothered about valentines day, even when I have a boyfriend. I'll swap cards, but generally don't do presents.

This year I'm single & there are no prospects so it's just going to be another ordinary day for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My local supermarket is doing a Valentines day dinner special, with a roast pork or chicken dinner for two, dessert, and a bottle of sparkling wine or a box of Thorntons chocolates for a tenner.

I've had the dinners before, roast potatoes and veg, and the meat is pretty good, so there is my plan :) The bf even with his limited cookery skills is able to put the roast dinner in the oven and serve it up :D

Was down there earlier and an elderly man was happily packing his Valentines dinner away, delighted with himself, I thought it was very sweet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Funlover

It is very much a commercial money spinner imo however its up to everyone if they choose to celebrate it or not. Personally we dont. My husband tells me its valentines day every day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Meh. 7 years married, 15 years together, we're not too pushed tbh. Might just wait till kiddies are in bed to have a nice meal together, and I am plotting a bit of a pressie for himself, but that's because we spoil the kids and don't get each other anything for Xmas, so that's his belated Xmas. He's not pushed, and I couldn't care less about flowers and card. Valentine's day is better when unexpected. Wedding anniversary is more meaningful.

• Advertisement

We celebrated it today, rather than Monday (Monday being our day to veg out and recover from the shock of being back at work)

Started in a weird way, with him asking me if we were doing anything (after him ignoring it for the past two years)

I said I wasn't pushed, he announced he'd gotten me a gift, I demanded said gift which was lovely, very thoughtful and something I'd been thinking I needed, then we headed off for a day of shopping, went for a fab dinner, then came home and relaxed.

Really really lovely day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭niamhocxox

My boyfriend and I also celebrated valentines today or yesterday :p because I'm in college on Galway on Monday and he'll be in Cork :o

It was the nicest evening, we exchanged gifts, he shocked me with the most beautiful ring with a pearl on it and a card with a cute little letter inside :D

We went for dinner at 8, to a really nice Italian place, came home and snuggled up in bed and watched Valentines Day while munching some butter popcorn with a chopped up galaxy melted on top :D

Simple evening but perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Well I'm wishing everyone a happy Valentines day now, in case I forget tomorrow... have fun whatever you're doing, and I think it'd be nice to do one nice thing for someone to show them that you care, even if it's not a romantic kind of caring. :)

Advertisement