Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines gift ideas...

Options
  • 04-02-2011 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

I have been seeing a girl for the last month I suppose, not really going out with her yet, but I am fairly sure we both like each other. Would like to get her something, do something nice with her for it... As I said, a month so nothing too serious. Just something that she'll be smitten by.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from tLL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

ickle magoo - wee free men! (just saw your tagline there under your name)

the price of chocs, flowers, meals, hotel rooms all sky rockets on valentines day - very stupid. but we fall for the hype that says we have to spend on those things.
    i agree that the smaller things that might cost nothing are better!
    i pay no attention to it unless in in a long termer too. i dont sit by the letter box hoping for a card - and it drives me mental if people say - with a hint of smugness - so how many did YOU get? if i got any id probably only get one - from that other part of the long termer deal!

if youre in a long termer its nice to mark the day cos we often forget these things in the hustle and bustle of life but i wouldnt expect roses. a nice dvd, bottle of plonk, pizza... cosying up by the fire - or the tv.

best pressie o ever got was a trip to the local indian place. but we did it a week after valentines day. as we'd gone there on v day a year before, the place was so packed they added extra tables. tiny ones we barely fit everything on it and it was so impersonal sharing the day oth all these couples. so we went when it'd be just us and some good food and it was a great evening, relaxed.

best i gave - splitting that bill above. lol.

Advertisement