Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember Hoffmans

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

dayshah wrote: »
    Well its all a matter of taste and opinion. Obviously your taste and opinion are incorrect :)

Seriously though, I didn't like the Dungarvan blonde ale, but I did like the dark ale and thought the stout was alright.

What I want is blaa beer. It would be a type of wheat beer, but made with the same wheat as is used for blaas (if blaas are made with wheat of course, I don't know) and each glass would be lightly dusted with blaa dust (AKA flour).

Dayshah you are a feckin genius....Who needs Belgian Wheat when we could have Blaa Wheat.....genius boy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mark17

gis a pint o hoppmans an a bag o crisps, ah those were the days,,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

comeraghs wrote: »
    I've enjoyed drinking the Dungarvan beers, The stout is especially nice. & they have won a few awards & constantly increasing their distribution.

good to hear a local success story

www.dungarvanbrewingcompany.com

Yeah I completely agree. I'm a big fan of the Helvick Gold and the Copper Coast is nice too.

Is it just me or does this thread have nothing to do with Hoffmans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

nkay1985 wrote: »

The last time I had Hoffmans was New Year's Eve for the Millenium. I was on the quay drinking a can of Hoffmans that was probably out of date and it had a lovely tast of the alluminium it was stored in!

I would like to try it again for some morbid reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

nkay1985 wrote: »

My thoughts too, strange title from the OP - what should be a thread celebrating a new business for the town is now about reminiscing on an old one.

Well done to those at Metalman and best of luck with the new venture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MetalmanBeers

Thanks for the well wishes folks! Hope you can make it along to the launch night on the 8th in Revolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stickysten

I loved Hoffmans,and when i lived in Australia i genuinely missed drinking it,so when i got home one of the first things i done was go to Paddy Browns Off Licence to get 6 cans,and to my disappointment i was told it was finished :(

aahh 6 cans of hoffmans for a fiver in paddy brownes off license....or a pint of hoffmans with a drop of lime for $1.50 in fat sams....takes me back :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Always thought Hoffmans was lovely from the can. Not as nice from tap oddly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

No but my ass does,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

Is there still a Hoffmans pump on the bar in Grimeses???

• Advertisement
Advertisement