Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the barcelona effect

Options
  • 04-02-2011 6:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed in any of the cm/fm manager games that barca are pretty much unbeatable,yes they do have a great team but even after 5 in game years the team is terrible yet i still lose to them wether its from disallowed goals or a man sent off its really annoying.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

nah not really, they should be better. i edited them a bit and they absolutely destroyed la liga....bout 120 goals....like real life so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Unbeatable?

TBH, its your tactics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Dempsey wrote: »
    Unbeatable?

TBH, its your tactics

True, I've beaten them on a few rare occasions, have to admit it was largely luck based. I can draw against them fairly easily, just play 4-2-3-1 and counter attack.
    1-1 is a common result :P
    0-0 too if

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

They are beatable.

I normally play a defensive 4-2-3-1 and hit them on the counter.

GK
    DL--DC--DC--DR
    ----DM--DM---
    --CM--CM--CM--
    ST

Man marking is cruicial against them from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yakult wrote: »
    They are beatable.

I normally play a defensive 4-2-3-1 and hit them on the counter.

GK
    DL--DC--DC--DR
    ----DM--DM---
    --CM--CM--CM--
    ST

Man marking is cruicial against them from my experience.

Yep, give Barca time and space, they will just destroy you.

Match preparation, defensive movement.

I think use the shout hassle opponents and get stuck in, if you are getting the feedback that you are tackling well, and just kick them up and down the field until you get the ball off them :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

they play a disgraceful defensive formation like 4-3-1-2 and the 3 midfielders are sitting right in front of the defence,also i have messi and pique,villa has retired so has xavi so its not like they are brilliant anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

They beat me 7-0 there yesterday in the Champions League. Then again, I am St Pat's.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

They beat me 7-0 there yesterday in the Champions League. Then again, I am St Pat's.
    Brilliant quote.
    Keep on truckin' bro. Screencap when you eventually do beat them!
    I always found an attacking 5-3-2 with two fast wing backs works well. Let the wing backs work the flank and concentrate the midfield three toward the center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

funnily enough after that rant i beat the bastards in the 2nd qualifying groups and won the competition........now im bored of the game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Brilliant quote.
    Keep on truckin' bro. Screencap when you eventually do beat them!
    I always found an attacking 5-3-2 with two fast wing backs works well. Let the wing backs work the flank and concentrate the midfield three toward the center.

I may give that a go in the away leg!

Funny thing was, before they even scored I had missed two absolute sitters... Went downhill fairly fast after that tho :D

• Advertisement

guys try beating barca when you edit messi iniesta xavi and pedro....now that is a hard thing to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Real Madrid are my bogey team. 5 games, 3 losses, 2 wins:mad:

my bogey team are birmingham...only at st. andrews tho....find them so hard to beat...and zigic up front is a torment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Lost to them in the Chapions league final on penaltys. Missing all my starting midfield due to injury so i was happy with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

zimovain wrote: »
    Real Madrid are my bogey team. 5 games, 3 losses, 2 wins:mad:
    Not a bad return to be fair

Advertisement