Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Regarding BOI loan

Options
  • 04-02-2011 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Ok so I had a 6k loan with bank of ireland, I paid it off over 3 years while in college but missed a few payments here and there and incurred unpaid s/o charges. I always paid up but maybe it didn't go through until the Monday instead of the Friday. Sometimes when I was paid late, supposed to be Thursday night midnight but at times I would check my online bank account and i'd have my wages but no loan payment taken out. Queue Tuesday when I get an unpaid s/o charge (after I had transfered the money via online banking on the Friday)

Now this was bad enough and had many arguments with BOI staff about it. I had the day changed in a new loan agreement and all was fine. I'm now living abroad and have been sending home money to pay the tail end of it off. It was supposed to be paid off fully on Christmas eve last but I made a cock up transferring money back and incurred a late charge. All fine and well my mistake. Since paying the loan off and the resulting charge I also cleared my credit card so I know I owe the f**kers nothing. Check my acc the other day and they have charged me a further 2 unpaid s/o charges at the middle of January.

Trying to ring them after work everyday and they just fob me around from one to he other. I get home just before my branch closes but they never answer at such a close time to home time so I have to ring customer support which is a complete waste of time.

Any ideas what these charges could be for? Going to try calling again at lunch time but god knows I'll not get anywhere. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Mo MO

Hi OP,

firstly check your account for any other DD that you might have and that are active. It looks like the S/O was never cancelled on the banks side. if that is the case you are entitled to a full refund.

If you are set up on B365 online go into Direct debits and make sure all are cancelled if not, you can cancel them from there.

good Luck

Mo ;)

Advertisement