Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local gyms

Options
  • 04-02-2011 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about gyms around Enfield or Trim? Looking for one with a pool and spa as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Knightsbrook hotel have a nice gym with a pool and spa. Well worth a look and new members welcome. Not sure of prices tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Wizzbit

There is the Aura Centre in Trim which has a Gym, swimming pool and Sauna etc.. They are always doing deals on membership so worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Thanks. I'll check them. Where is the Aura one?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The Aura centre is right beside the Trim GAA club out on the Kinnegad road. If you are coming from the main street in Trim, hang a left up Emmet Street and then take a right at the Duke of Wellington Statue, down that road is the Sports centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Wizzbit

The street is the New Haggard Road in Trim. Its called the Trim Sports and Leisure Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Meathgirl

i go to Knightsbrook..... great place. love the pool and spa... good value.... 45 euro per month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Meathgirl wrote: »
    i go to Knightsbrook..... great place. love the pool and spa... good value.... 45 euro per month

€540/year ((:eek:)) holy shit

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

squod wrote: »
    €540/year ((:eek:)) holy shit

Agreed, Celtic Tiger pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

PauloMN wrote: »
    Agreed, Celtic Tiger pricing.

Rubbish - Just because ben dunne charges pittance for memerbship, people think they're being ripped off if it costs more thsan his! He wont open a gym unless he can guarantee 8k members.

45 per month is great value if you use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Rubbish - Just because ben dunne charges pittance for memerbship, people think they're being ripped off if it costs more thsan his! He wont open a gym unless he can guarantee 8k members.

45 per month is great value if you use it.

Agreed 100%
    the facilities in knightsbrook are top class, the place is spotless, never a crowd in the gym or pool.
    Members get cheaper spa treatment too.
    You get what you pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I disagree. Been in gyms up and down this country. There's phenomenal value in many gyms IMO. Never been to that particular place, is is described as a ''Health Club'' and it seems the equipment is what you'd find generally in an average hotel gym.

If the Aura in Trim doesn't beat it in terms of facilities and price, I'd be highly surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I think i'll go with knightsbrook. €950 for the two of us for the year. That's a good rate. I was paying €50 each a month in my last one. I'll have to see what the facilities are like first though. The website doesn't show much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I agree with the others re Knightsbrook. I find it good value because i do use it. They also give 2 children under 12 free with the couples membership....not sure if that is of any benefit.

The staff there are very nice & they have an open day every so often with some deals. I will try and find out if there is an open day coming up & will post up. Thinking about it summer time is probably more likely for specials.

One other thing....call during the day and explain that you are thinking of joining. They may give you an foc entry.

Advertisement