Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bolton at Home - Match Thread

Options
  • 04-02-2011 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

It's vital that we get another 3 points and keep within touching distance of the rest while our big players are out injured. For this one, I'd go with 2 strikers, Crouch and Defoe, with VDV and Lennon out wide, although VDV will float anyway.

COYS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

2 -0 to spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Shakka

I can't believe I'm going !!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

JD just on twitter saying hes really determind to get three so he can get his 100th for Spurs hopefully it will come true
    Yeah man, can't wait until tomorrow. I need 3 more goals for my 100th with Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

3-0 JD hatrick :)

Na, I'd take another 1-0 all day long. With a bit of luck Chelsea n Pool will draw and city drop points too. That would have us right back in it.

Big big game, gotta be 3/4 points within 4th come paddys day I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Steven Pienaar and Michael Dawson come back into the frame for Saturday's match against Bolton at the Lane.

Midfielder Steven was a late withdrawal from Wednesday's trip to Blackburn after suffering concussion in training on Tuesday.

He could now be in line for his home debut. "Steven's fine and he'll be available tomorrow," reported Harry Redknapp on Friday morning.

Meanwhile, central defender 'Daws' is back in the squad having served a one-match suspension for his sending off at Fulham on Sunday.

Harry had good news on Gareth Bale as the wing wizard recovers from a back problem that has kept him out of our last three matches.

"Gareth is coming on okay," said Harry. "He's training today, running and he should be back for next weekend."

Harry still has to contend with a few injuries, including Luka Modric, who underwent surgery to remove his appendix earlier in the week.

"Luka shouldn't be too long, he should be back within two weeks, hopefully," added Harry.

Asked if he'll be fit to face AC Milan on February 15, Harry replied: "Yes, we'd like him to be available, but if he's not, we won't rush him into it. We have to make sure he's right."

Longer-term injured Tom Huddlestone (ankle), Younes Kaboul (knee) and Ledley King (groin) remain sidelined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Steven Pienaar and Michael Dawson come back into the frame for Saturday's match against Bolton at the Lane.

Midfielder Steven was a late withdrawal from Wednesday's trip to Blackburn after suffering concussion in training on Tuesday.

He could now be in line for his home debut. "Steven's fine and he'll be available tomorrow," reported Harry Redknapp on Friday morning.

Meanwhile, central defender 'Daws' is back in the squad having served a one-match suspension for his sending off at Fulham on Sunday.

Hatch99 wrote: »

Harry had good news on Gareth Bale as the wing wizard recovers from a back problem that has kept him out of our last three matches.

"Gareth is coming on okay," said Harry. "He's training today, running and he should be back for next weekend."

Harry still has to contend with a few injuries, including Luka Modric, who underwent surgery to remove his appendix earlier in the week.

"Luka shouldn't be too long, he should be back within two weeks, hopefully," added Harry.

Asked if he'll be fit to face AC Milan on February 15, Harry replied: "Yes, we'd like him to be available, but if he's not, we won't rush him into it. We have to make sure he's right."

Longer-term injured Tom Huddlestone (ankle), Younes Kaboul (knee) and Ledley King (groin) remain sidelined.

Great minds and all that........

ruiseal wrote: »
    Great minds and all that........

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Deighted about Daws, thought he was out for 3 games also. This is one of those "should-win" games, hopefully we'll keep a clean sheet. Davies is the big threat, hopefully Daws will keep him quiet. Going for a 3-1 win with none of our goals coming from our strikers...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Looking forward to this one.
    Stage is set for a cracker.
    We were relatively quiet in the transfer market but to me it doesn't matter.
    We can still make 4th spot.
    Chelsea have a plus 18 goal difference on us and I think they will compete for 2nd/3rd place.
    We are going to end up competing with City and we will win.
    You see we have things City don't possess.
    A great manager, team spirit and VDV!
    There are cracks showing i.e. Birmingham, a close one with Wolves and negative tactics (Mancini, you can only get away with it for so long!).
    What a result at Blackburn :D
    Lennon is back to his best and I think Crouchie will link the play till the end of the season.
    And MD at the back, need I say anymore.
    3-0 Spurs
    Boom Boom Baggies :D
    COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good news about Bale back training aswel,I seen on SSN tonight they were making out that his new 100,000k sports car was causing the back problem,he's now gone back to driving his old Land Rover.you'd have to feel sorry for him.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Expecting a big game out of Daws tomorrow after the disaster he had against Fullham last week.

THFC wrote: »
    Deighted about Daws, thought he was out for 3 games also. This is one of those "should-win" games, hopefully we'll keep a clean sheet. Davies is the big threat, hopefully Daws will keep him quiet. Going for a 3-1 win with none of our goals coming from our strikers...

Dawson is back in contention after serving a one-match ban for his sending off at Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Dawson is back in contention after serving a one-match ban for his sending off at Fulham.

I know :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

4-0 spurs

Do some red cards carry a one match ban and others three? I always thought it was a three match ban.

TEAM NEWS - Harry Redknapp makes just one change to the team that won at Blackburn on Wednesday. Michael Dawson returns in central defence for Sebastien Bassong and wears the captain's armband. Steven Pienaar has recovered from concussion earlier in the week to take his place on the bench. STARTING XI - Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Jenas, Palacios, Lennon; Crouch, Defoe. SUBS - Cudicini, Bassong, Hutton, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Sandro, Pavlyuchenko

1-0 VDV from the spot k Davies blocked charlies shot to give away the peno not sure if he got a card or what though

Second peno scored first time but had to be re taken put it wide on retake stays 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

any links lads
    cheers
    jonny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Jmcc001 wrote: »
    any links lads
    cheers
    jonny

Some links here though u may need to have sopcast dloaded.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=103736&part=sports

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Best I can find that does not need sopcast

http://www.aymo.net/p/channel-2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I see its our old friend Mark (Fergies lovechild) Clattenburg in charge of this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Viktor.

Ah feck :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

feck off gomes...pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Disaster

fcuking terrible from gomes...again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Think Given in the summer might not be a bad idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

bad bad tackle from JJ. Lucky to not see red.

Advertisement