Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E grade??

Options
  • 04-02-2011 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

anyone else got an e grade? does it mean avin ta pay 230euro or can you pass wid compensation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

yup..read that ...dnt get it... i got 2.52 ,passed all except one and got an E.. still av ta pay 230 lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

No but make sure you drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

It would say E (c) if you got compensation

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

They dont turn into E (c) until after the summer exams, you can get 2 more E's and still get it turned into a E(c) once the summer results are out, you have to have passed 75% of the 12 modules first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

It would say E (c) if you got compensation

Compensation doesn't apply until the end of a stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

They dont turn into E (c) until after the summer exams, you can get 2 more E's and still get it turned into a E(c) once the summer results are out, you have to have passed 75% of the 12 modules first.

I wonder how this is affected by the new stage 2 system. Will that mean that they won't change until the end of final year?

What do you mean by new stage 2 system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

What do you mean by new stage 2 system?

With the system now broken in Stage 1 and then a final Stage 2, 'years' after first year are not of any particular relevance, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'm in second year and got one E. I heard you can't use first year modules to compensate, which means I can't use both my electives is this true? I'll still be able to compensate the one E though, it's just if I get more I don't think I will..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

Does that mean if you pass 9 modules, you can get 3 Es, and they'll all be compensated? Or is only one? Passed 6 modules but got an E in one and wondering how well I need to do in summer exams, this semester's modules are harder :(

Yeah you can compensate 3 modules so you have the possibility of getting 2 more E's and still moving into the next year

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

In arts Stage 2 is year 2 and 3 so does that mean I will have to wait until the end of 3rd year to see of I can compensate this one module?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Kournikova wrote: »
    In arts Stage 2 is year 2 and 3 so does that mean I will have to wait until the end of 3rd year to see of I can compensate this one module?

Yep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Sigi

What about F's or ....G's?

No just until your summer exams are over

Advertisement