Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Results February 2011

• 04-02-2011 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭

Finally!

I'm doing the MA Qualifier in Economics. These are my first ever economics classes (all are third year classes).

Advanced Microeconomics
    A+
    Applied Econometrics I
    A+
    Financial Economics
    A+
    International Monetary Economics
    A

That would be a GPA of 4.15 if my course had a GPA.

Hopefully this is my first step towards switching this country to full reserve banking with fiat money. How did everyone get on?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Nerd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

It's what happens when you find something that matters. I only got 155 points in my first leaving cert and didn't even get in to the final year of my degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Nerd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Sooo..... you want a medal or something?

Are you talking about my first post or the second?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

F F G G G F

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well done, OP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Nerd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Slippers wrote: »
    It's what happens when you find something that matters. I only got 155 points in my first leaving cert and didn't even get in to the final year of my degree.

Well, fair play to you, that's a good achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Ponce. :mad:

Again I hate life. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I done **** in my leaving cert too, is that a good achievment aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Fair play fella!

I'm still yet to see an A Grade appear on my results.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Well done, i usualy only see d' and c's(doesnt matter til next year). Forgot what an A looks like, must have taken serious work though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

Fantastic results but seriously why start a thread on the internet simply to advertise your academic credentials? Seems a bit much!

Fantastic results but seriously why start a thread on the internet simply to advertise your academic credentials? Seems a bit much!

It's called mutual masturbation.

I can hardly start the results thread without including my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I can hardly start the results thread without including my own.

You could say, "so results are out, how did everybody get on. I did well and was delighted with my results" or something like that. It is great you did well, but plenty of others will do well too without looking like gloating.

Why be vague?

For the record I thought if I managed an A+ in econometrics I'd get a 4.2 so I'm not delighted.

Why be vague?

For the record I thought if I managed an A+ in econometrics I'd get a 4.2 so I'm not delighted.

Because nobody likes a gloater and your post could be interpreted as saying "Look at me, I'm great". I just don't see the point in posting your grades anyway. Whether you get 6 As or 6 Fs, it just seems a bit pointless. Maybe say whether you were happy, sad or indifferent.

I'd be as quick to post up my results if they were bad. Here's the thread I made when I failed to get into the final year of my degree: Next step after a BSc General in statistics?

It's good to get it out of your system. It's like the payoff for all those months.

If anyone isn't happy with their results don't give up. Maybe you just haven't found something you believe in yet. You'll get there in the end. :)

• Advertisement

I'd be as quick to post up my results if they were bad. Here's the thread I made when I failed to get into the final year of my degree: Next step after a BSc General in statistics?

It's good to get it out of your system. It's like the payoff for all those months.

If anyone isn't happy with their results don't give up. Maybe you just haven't found something you believe in yet. You'll get there in the end. :)

I was thinking of going down the economics/ finance root after my physics degree (quite honestly I'm getting bloody sick of physics). Do you need the MA Qualifier if you're not from a economics/ business background to do the MA in Econ.

No, the website says you can get straight in with a physics degree or something else mathsy.

My grades weren't good enough to get straight in even though I'd just scraped a 2.1 in a Higher Diploma in Statistics in the mean time, so to get into the MA I could either do the Higher Diploma in Economic Science which is 12 modules or the MA Qualifier which is 6 but doesn't count as a qualification on its own if you decide not to continue to the masters.

I reckoned I had a better chance of turning around my performance if I only had 6 modules instead of 12 so I picked the Qualifier, plus, it's cheeper than the HDip.

Not sure if the last bit is aimed at me...if it is I have graduated three times, so I've long since got there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

What 3 couses did you do? Is this your fourth? wow

Not in UCD any more, I was staff until October. I did a degree, 2 masters and a few girls in Glenomena :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Cool.

Glenomena girls, now that course is easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I got 3.2 GPA. Not great but I'm pretty non the less. Calculus 1 really screwed me over for anyone unfortunate enough to be doing it now.

Not sure if the last bit is aimed at me...if it is I have graduated three times, so I've long since got there!

If it were aimed at you I would have said "If you aren't happy". Well done, how did you find the subject for you? Are you working in the area now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Hey OP, congratularions with your results! This is the sort of achievement we should be seeing more often :) good luck with the rest of the studies, hope it'll be even better.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the encouragement! I see so many graduates leaving the country. :( I'm not going to be pushed out by someone else's poor management of the economy, I'm going to stay here and do something about it.

Advertisement