Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pub Quiz

• 04-02-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

I was just at a pub quiz there last night and our team didnt do as badly as I thought, I noticed that individually we were all laid back people at our table but when the questions came firing in we were more tense than a pair of Mary Harney's knickers ("Oh no he didn't!!"). Do you find as though pub quizzes gets your testicles all tickled up and ready to squirt, that it brings out a competitive side of you that doesn't come out that often? What is your favourite catergory? Mine has to be music, films and anything numerical ... maybe not dates so much but if it has to do with maths ill do well.
    Are you the one with the pen and paper at the table or the one sitting back being unproductive?

Do you cheat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I was just at a pub quiz there last night and our team didnt do as badly as I thought, I noticed that individually we were all laid back people at our table but when the questions came firing in we were more tense than a pair of Mary Harney's knickers ("Oh no he didn't!!"). Do you find as though pub quizzes gets your testicles all tickled up and ready to squirt, that it brings out a competitive side of you that doesn't come out that often? What is your favourite catergory? Mine has to be music, films and anything numerical ... maybe not dates so much but if it has to do with maths ill do well.
    Are you the one with the pen and paper at the table or the one sitting back being unproductive?

Do you cheat?

I sit forward eagerly with paper and pen until it's taken off me because my handwriting is terrible and my answers are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

"The mobile phone killed the pub quiz"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Okay, okay, someone's still a little high on adrenaline, let's get you home and into bed.

I'm usually the one with the pen and paper because my handwriting is block capitals and I'm a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Kasabian wrote: »
    "The video killed the radio star"
    fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I like pub quizzes but find that usually seem to start much later than advertised which results in me being a bit p*ssed and getting into an argument with at least one mate about what the name of our team should be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I love quizzes, but the iPhone along with all the other lulphones that copied it killed any chance of a fair one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm not bad at the movie scores where they play a recording
    The Mission nearly always get played, good film too

Cheats with iphones should be flung out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I hate when people use iphones etc-killjoys!!
    Unless its my team the week before payday and theres a cash prize :P
    I love ancient history and music trivia, always fairly ok at them! And im always the one writing cuz Im the only one whos writing is near legible after a few scoops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Sykk wrote: »
    I love quizzes, but the iPhone along with all the other lulphones that copied it killed any chance of a fair one.

There's those jammers you can get that kill a phone signal. There was talk of bringing them into cinemas etc. till Doctors and the obnoxious lobby kicked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm a bimbo so usually write the answers i'm given by the group :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Snakeblood wrote: »
    There's those jammers you can get that kill a phone signal. There was talk of bringing them into cinemas etc. till Doctors and the obnoxious lobby kicked up.

You can get them, but the 3G jammers are expensive, and I believe jammer use is illegal in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I say the wrong answers loudly and then pretend like I'm being shushed by my team mates.

Normally I'm just sitting at the bar doing this alone though and I get asked to leave. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    You can get them, but the 3G jammers are expensive, and I believe jammer use is illegal in Ireland.

Except in pup quizzes... it's actually actively encouraged by legislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

gerryk wrote: »
    Except in pup quizzes... it's actually actively encouraged by legislation.

:pac:

It should be.

I can't get the mentality of someone who would cheat, using google in a pub quiz. It kind of negates the whole point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I wish people would stop texting me looking for answers.

hondasam wrote: »
    I wish people would stop texting me looking for answers.

Reply with the wrong answers and they'll soon stop.

Kiera wrote: »
    Reply with the wrong answers and they'll soon stop.

It drives me mad sometimes and then the are in such a hurry. If I give the wrong answer I will never live it down.

It drives me mad sometimes and then the are in such a hurry. If I give the wrong answer I will never live it down.

Just reply to all texts like that with "i love bunny rabbits/ i lick door knobs". That way its not like you're actually trying to answer it and getting it wrong.

Just reply to all texts like that with "i love bunny rabbits/ i lick door knobs". That way its not like you're actually trying to answer it and getting it wrong.

The reply would go something like this ! What the Fcuk are you on.

The reply would go something like this ! What the Fcuk are you on.

Then just keep it up and tell them you're high on ice fumes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'm a bimbo :)

I like your style....we should totally hook up :pac:

I'm a bimbo so usually write the answers i'm given by the group :)

No everyone is good on one subject.

PaulieC wrote: »
    I like your style....we should totally hook up :pac:

Two bimbos on one team (only messing)

....and i'll bow out now before it becomes a flirt fest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ah shite, I've just missed all the flirting :p

Used to love the Thurs night pub quiz in the local, was never taken to seriously, loads of cheating and the prizes were just handed out to whoever hadn't 'won' in a few weeks.

3 hours of banter amongst everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Two bimbos on one team (only messing)

yeah....havin sex

UP HIGH c'mon don't leave me hangin!!! :)

No flirting going on here (we might get banned)

Advertisement