Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn scanning errors

Options
  • 04-02-2011 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I normally scan each item that I am purchasing in Superquinn Blackrock. I am extremely careful to ensure that each item is scanned. I recently had the experience where at the Scan Checkout, the operator advised me that I was to be rescanned. Having done the rescan, the operator advised me that my scan showed a discrepancy of about Euro 40.00. In other words, it appeared that I had not scanned approximately Euro 40.00 worth of my intended purchases. I simply cannot understand how this could have happened.

Have any other customers of Superquinn Blackrock had a similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I used to work in Superquinn Blackrock, Not in the checkout Dept though!
    The guys used to tell me that people would actually over scan more than under scan for fear of something not being scanned!

I believe SQ's policy is that things like this happen, but if there is a discrepancy you will more than likely be asked to rescan again soon, and if there is another discrepancy then they start looking into it (I.E it scans become more frequent) if there is a continual consistency on products not being scanned they then withdraw this service from you.

to be honest I wouldn't take to much notice of it and shop as normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Check your receipt. I had the exact same problem with a rescan when the final bill came to over €200 when I knew that the cost of the scanned stuff was more like €120.

Turns out that the checkout had been used to price check (or similar) a case of expensive wine worth €90, before they did a rescan on me and the operator had forgotten to remove/void the previous transaction.

As crazyderk says, the odds of being rescanned increase when you get a scan wrong, they decrease when you get it right. IIRC, the average rate of a rescan is one in ten. If you find yourself being rescanned more than that, then you're consistently scanning incorrectly or there's a problem with the rescans being recorded on your account.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Eliminate the risk, go to a manned checkout

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

slave1 wrote: »
    Eliminate the risk, go to a manned checkout

Risk? What risk? The manned checkout is just as likely to make a mistake. Also, if ahe re-scan is off then ask for it to be checked. It rarely happens and the speed and convenience of self scanning outways the odd re-scan delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Darragh169

Also you will now be "randomly" re-scanned between now and eternity for being 40euro off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Not completly on topic but said it's worth the mention:

In fairness to Superquinn Ranelagh, some items have scanned wrong (on the self-scan) before and I notified the attendant who removed it and said I could have it free due to the error - happened on a few different occasions.

Advertisement