Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Live in Herberton, Rialto

Options
  • 04-02-2011 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there, I'm just looking at renting a place in Herberton and was just wondering if anyone could tell me what it is like there. Hope it's ok to ask this here I just don't really want to move and then find that it's too noisy or there are gangs hanging around or whatever. Thanks. B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 papsita

Hi Brenda. Rialto is a rough enough spot. I am looking to rent in Dublin 8 but will not consider that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Hi Brenda. I was interested in buying an apartment there last year, so I went for a look. The moment I arrived I decided against it. It was all very congested and claustrophobic, some of the roads were in bad condition and there were an awful lot (approx 40) of rough looking kids running around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

If you google Herberton, you'll get a few discussions, like this one or this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

I heard bad things about the area from someone who lives there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭The Black Pearl

I looked at an apt there last year, not my cup of tea at all. Alot of better options out there. Its proximity to the Luas is probably is best selling point which tells its own story...

• Advertisement

Dont go near it. My sister has been burgled twice in two months. The Guards say its the norm for the place, ****hole, no decent security whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I live there.

On the plus side:
    Great build.

Good value in the scheme of things. Will hold rental value with hospital nearby

15 mins walk to the Green

On the Luas

Loads of shops and pubs nearby.

Downside:
    We just forced the management company out. They were toxic. Bins not being collected, security openly taking the píss, repairs being ignored. New company are in about 3 weeks and so far so good, including a reduced fee for 2011.

It is the south inner city - some of the surrounding areas are rough. There are kids hanging around, but in general they are harmless.

I'm very happy there overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Do you mean the management company or agent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

irlrobins wrote: »
    Do you mean the management company or agent?

Agent, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

I looked at a place near there (in The Hops building) the other month, sure the luas is handy but all the empty shops on the ground floor give the place an abandoned look (and that was at lunchtime, it's probably much worse after dark). Some signs of anti-social behaviour too -- smashed glass on the ground floor balconies, that sort of thing.

I ended up renting in Kilmainham instead, still close to the luas but a much nicer area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement