Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best curry house in North Kildare?

Options
  • 04-02-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭

Coming from the Carbury area, but don't mind going down as far as Naas/Newbridge..

Our local curry house's are empty (in Edenderry).. decent food, but we get out without the kids once a year :P, so don't want to be the only 2 in a restaurant..

Have read various differing opinion of Jaipore etc..

Any opinion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Delhi Darbar in Celbridge, exceptional quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I travel near weekly from Milltown to Naas for Swapna Restaurant.
    Maharaja is very close to the quality of Swapna too for dine in,trouble with both of them it is hard to find a good crowd in either for some atmosphere.

Swapna though in saying that has had a nice few in the last few friday nights i have frequented there,families/couples and groups in general which is good to see,nothing as bad as been the only table in a restaurant and in general if was going to a new place that had no customers seated at peak time on the weekend say i would walk on.

Some good offers on around aswell at the moment.

Have also heard nothing but great things about Delhi Dabar too but have yet to get there.

Some good ones in Leixlip and lucan,too nearly be the same distance?,i know i am curry mad :D

PS There has been a few good threads and comments about the above restaurants in the past,a good read too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Thanks folks.. I'll check out Swapna, and see if the missus fancies a run down that way :)

Agree on the atmosphere.. Friday night in the UK and the curry house would be packed... every time I have popped into the ones in Edenderry for a takeaway they have been empty :(

Still at least there are some curry houses now :)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Delhi Darbar in Celbridge, exceptional quality.
    +1 million! :D whatever you do, dont try that new spot beside the ulster bank!!

Advertisement