Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car on fire in flooded Toft Park

Options
  • 04-02-2011 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Just saw the weirdest thing, a car on fire in the middle of the completely flooded Toft Park car-park (the one beside the Atlantaquaria).

The fire crew came and had to wade in the water to get to the car and put the fire out. Then they broke the hood of the car and doused that for good measure too.

Sorry, no pics, :( I don't even own a camera. :eek: There weren't many people around, so I just thought I'd post for curiosity factor.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

This is surely the end times. Repent! Repent!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Smoke on the water, and fire in the engine bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Here's what that carpark looked like this morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wow, glad I'm not parked there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah, I park very close to it (in an underground carpark!) so I was thanking my lucky stars that the water didn't rise any higher than that and pour into my apartment block's basement!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tried to go to the aquarium for the second time this week today. The whole stretch was closed. Feel sorry for the poor car owners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Hello, they must've paid attention to the weather forecast stating very strong southwesterly winds, galway is located at the northeast of a bay..what could possibly happen on the coast?

Advertisement