Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to get visa for Aussie but can't because of age!

Options
  • 04-02-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All

Looking for some advice here, am 34yrs currently umemployed and want to get out of this ****hole of a country, can anyone give me info on how i can go about getting into Australia, i am willing to pay for the visa or any other fees if a job was willing to sponser me, i have 14yrs of experience in construction/ laboring ect.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

hey buddy u can only go via/skilled migrant visa or a sponshorship visa.if u got sponsored its cheaper and can have ur visa in 7-10 weeks.the other 1 can take 12-18 months and costs nearly 5,000.after july the first the visa requirements are changed and will be easier to get due to all the work that will be over there due to floods/storms.they badly need the irish to go over and fix it for them.lol
    fudge12 wrote: »
    Hi All

Looking for some advice here, am 34yrs currently umemployed and want to get out of this ****hole of a country, can anyone give me info on how i can go about getting into Australia, i am willing to pay for the visa or any other fees if a job was willing to sponser me, i have 14yrs of experience in construction/ laboring ect.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fudge12

thanks v much for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Hi All

Thanks

What's ur trade papers in?

july the first the visa requirements are changed and will be easier to get due to all the work that will be over there due to floods/storms.they badly need the irish to go over and fix it for them.lol

Think u been watching too much RTE

no trade papers unfortunately, but have plenty of experience in all type of construction over the last 14yrs, was foreman for 7 of those years

• Advertisement

no trade papers unfortunately, but have plenty of experience in all type of construction over the last 14yrs, was foreman for 7 of those years

Well how long have you been unemployed?

just over a year now, but im surviving through any casual work from old employers,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Please please no more text speak. I don't want to see a 'u' or a 'ur' in this thread again. It is really annoying

Having no trade papers and being unemployed sort of rules out a skilled migration route, getting sponsored although not impossible for someone without trade papers is no picnic either especially if you are not already working in Australia on a WHV. Do you have any realatives or close friend living in Australia to put a good word in for you with an employer?

Don't get caught up in the media hype in Ireland about the government handing out visas to fix up QLD, it's not that simple.

ye i know a good few over there at the moment but none that are in position to help.my brother an electrician over there a year but coming back because he cant get sponcer,anyway goodluck to you and thanks for your replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭inkogneetoe

Re: no trade papers. You can get your skills assessed to get the OZ equivalent of FAS papers. It only takes a day assesment. Speak to visafirst or one of those visa agencies.

cheers thanks

Advertisement