Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strikeforce HW GP airs on Primetime

• 04-02-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

The four GP cards will be aired on PPV channel Primetime in the UK & Ireland at £9.95 per card or £24.95 for the entire four events.

http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/

It seems a fair price really, and it includes all the build-up to the fights as far as I can see.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wow!

£24.95 is a bargain for all 4 events it must be said (especially when you look at the sh*te that passes for PPV on Sky... i'm looking at you David Haye)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Presuming that you can purchase but record rather than watch live? £25 is a great price but damned if I'm watching live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont have sky :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

They offer an online stream too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

Good god. Was worried it wouldn't be shown over this side of the water. It's gonna be some buzz watching something like this for the first time in a long time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

A decent PPV price for once. I don't have Primetime though. I'm sure the UFC will be looking with interest to see what the uptake is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

anybody here have Primetime? if i register and buy the PPV can i record it - definitely wont be able to stay up to watch it

I'll be getting it for sure, but I wouldn't imagine it will do great business. MMA isn't all that mainstream even for Sky or ESPN subscribers never mind PPV. The only ones likely to shell out for PPV are the hardcore fans and most of them will just stream it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

If its £25 won't sky charge us close to 40 euro with their conversion rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

Is primetime available on Chorus/upc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Will they be broadcasting the prelims?

Niall0 wrote: »
    Will they be broadcasting the prelims?

That's a great question, because aren't the prelims being shown on HD Net in the states or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

MrStuffins wrote: »
    That's a great question, because aren't the prelims being shown on HD Net in the states or something?
    Yep on HD Net with Bas Rutten and Mike Schiavello doing the commentary.

Niall0 wrote: »
    Yep on HD Net with Bas Rutten and Mike Schiavello doing the commentary.

Oh sh*t really?

Man, I really hope Bas liver kicks the sh*t out Mauro, Frank and Pat and those 2 guys take over!

At the very least they should choke Mauro unconcious just for the laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭peteclarke

sonic85 wrote: »
    anybody here have Primetime? if i register and buy the PPV can i record it - definitely wont be able to stay up to watch it

I just rang them.
    it can be recorded if you have a phone line connected to your sky box ( which I dont ).
    otherwise it will be repeated 4 times a day for one week after the event. 11 15, 2 15, 5 15 and 10 15.

Aye I just called too. Pain in the arse that you can't record it but it's repeated about 5 times a day for 5 days. £2.50 registration and £24.95 for all 4 events.

You pay direct by credit card so Sky have nothing to do with it.

Don't know about prelims.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

It's not a bad price.

Incidentally, would anyone know the MMA-TV channel number on Sopcast?

Advertisement