Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness Benefit and Medical Assessment

• 04-02-2011 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I am off work and in reciept of illness benefit since October, as I was diagnosed with MS and am unable to work (I still have a job though, just off sick).
    I got a form in the post the other day that my doctor has to fill in, it's a "tick the box" sort of thing, to say how fit I am for work. The form states that I may be called for a medical assessment based on the docs notes.
    Has anyone had this experience before?
    I have never claimed any sort of benefit/ dole before, and am nervous that if I am sent for an assessment, that the docs might say I chould go back to work- which I physically and emotionally can't do right now.
    I think I suffer with that Irish person guilt thing where I think they'll think I'm faking it or something!!
    Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement