Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An ill wind

• 04-02-2011 2:43pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12363852
    Malawi row over whether new law bans farting

Two of Malawi's most senior judicial officials are arguing over whether a new bill includes a provision that outlaws breaking wind in public.
    Justice Minister George Chaponda says the new bill would criminalise flatulence to promote "public decency".
    "Just go to the toilet when you feel like farting," he told local radio.
    However, he was directly contradicted by Solicitor General Anthony Kamanga, who says the reference to "fouling the air" means pollution.
    Break wind = break the law.
    What's this going to do to the sale of curry beans! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Homosexuality is illegal too. I'd say the place smells like **** anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I wish we had the luxury of resolving such first world problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

Curried beans are only safe to eat on a Fri, it gives you 2 days to get them out of your system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12363852

Break wind = break the law.
    What's this going to do to the sale of curry beans! ;)

Africans with a psuedo-English sense of decency, while they travel on the backs of Toyota jeeps shooting each other :rolleyes:

I wonder if it's just for indoors or extends to outdoors too ?
    You'd have to define "in public" too... eg. within a 20 metre radius of other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Justice Minister George Chaponda says the new bill would criminalise flatulence to promote "public decency".

Hee hee.

"Aged Poo Changer" is an anagram of George Chaponda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

So instead of solving their crippling financial problems and HIV problems they criminalise innocents and worry about farting.
    I'm glad I don't donate money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

If the Americans / Russians / Chinese / Iranians / North Koreans ever knew about the rancid concoction I can create after a night of Guinness & Heinekin we'd all be doomed.

I'm a walking biochemical missile that could make an onion cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

They didn't criminalise farting. It's just one lad having a laugh and a row because the wording of the law was rubbish in the first place. The wording is the problem not farting.

prinz wrote: »
    They didn't criminalise farting. It's just one lad having a laugh and a row because the wording of the law was rubbish in the first place. The wording is the problem not farting.

Why spoil a good funny with facts, as to what's worse, well it depends on whether you're there or not.

Advertisement