Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon Night Club - Opening Friday Feb. 11th

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Lukker- wrote: »
    Can't say I ever noticed the "rapey feel" Cuba had :P
    How ridiculously dark the place was. I'm full sure you could (and people probably did) ride someone in the corner upstairs without anyone noticing.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    The general crowd in there was decent though, a good mixed bunch and not just old Cuba heads, most people I spoke to were mainly people tired of hearing the same commercial ****e over and over and were just glad to have a decent choice again.
    I don't really mind the commercial stuff because I don't listen to it any other time, so it can be good fun bouncing around to cheesy crap on a night out. The Cuba regulars would always say how it had the "best" music in town, but it didn't, it just did different genres to the rest of the clubs. As did GPO (albeit only some nights), and now there's nowhere left to cover that base.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

afaik, Cuba didnt have the rip off prices that "Carbon" had this weekend. And according to the bar staff in Carbon, those are the prices they intend to hold at.

To be quite frank about it, I dont think ANY club in Galway is entitled to charge such MAD amounts for drink. I would expect such acts from a club in Dublin.

As the weekend has progressed, I'm actually getting more and more furious thinking about those w4nker bouncers. "Come back in a month"?????
    First impressions count when you want to try and make it. I will be writing a letter to the management.

Were they the same bouncers Cuba had? They were pretty bad for their arbitarily enforced door policies. Some people on here were bending over backwards to make excuses for them though, rather amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

fend wrote: »
    afaik, Cuba didnt have the rip off prices that "Carbon" had this weekend. And according to the bar staff in Carbon, those are the prices they intend to hold at.

Uck... unusual strategy when everyones broke and can't afford to drink out.

Let's see how long they last before they go under :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Demosthenes

at least cuba had bav on tap...
    cheapest drink was guinness pints 4.30
    double vodka red bulls were 13.80 i think

only difference to gpo is a new curtain hanging as you walk in, some new wallpaper and a few umbrellas out in the smoking area.

also the 10 euro/8 with a coupon entry fee was ridiculous....
    if they dont change their policies soon then they'll go to the dogs!

• Advertisement

at least cuba had bav on tap...
    cheapest drink was guinness pints 4.30

only difference to gpo is a new curtain hanging as you walk in, some new wallpaper and a few umbrellas out in the smoking area.

To be fair, that sounds like the same prices as Karma, who also charge in during the week, and they seem to be doing grand. Some people are just suckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

How ridiculously dark the place was. I'm full sure you could (and people probably did) ride someone in the corner upstairs without anyone noticing.

lol
    Thats where I used to mix flagons with the lads, such a good spot!

Fcuking missed Carbon last night (way too drunk) but from what I heard loads of people were turned away for no good reason. Doesn't bode well for me, still haven't made the effort to get my age card after I lost my first one.. Entry fee is stupid though, the layout of GPO was shíte and people won't pay €10 in every time they go out, and from what I'm readin the price of drinks sounds crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

tbf.. You could email them to get guestlist for friday and the promo staff were handing out free passes all over the place.

THFC wrote: »
    lol
    Thats where I used to mix flagons with the lads, such a good spot!

Fcuking missed Carbon last night (way too drunk) but from what I heard loads of people were turned away for no good reason. Doesn't bode well for me, still haven't made the effort to get my age card after I lost my first one.. Entry fee is stupid though, the layout of GPO was shíte and people won't pay €10 in every time they go out, and from what I'm readin the price of drinks sounds crazy!

Cuba had one of the worst layouts of a club I have ever seen, so maybe that's the reason they want to keep it exclusive to their old clientèle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Was in Carbon last night for Byrno. Have to say, it was the most welcome I've ever felt in a club. No hassle with the bouncers, "How's it goin'? *glance at student ID* Have a good night."

Once inside the door I paid at the booth. The girl charged me €10, even though I had the €2 off leaflet. Didn't notice at first, but one of the bouncers (ex-Cuba) quickly said to her, "Oh make sure you take off €2, he has a leaflet." Had a chat with the same lad as I was walking in, told him it was good to see him back in the job. Great first experience, hope it stays that way!

As for inside, it's pretty decent. Same music as Cuba, but most of the crowd there were ex-GPO - or at least the people I recognized. Drinks are a bit expensive and not as adventurous as Cuba. A lot of taps for Harp - they must have a deal going. Hopefully that'll change in the future. For a nightclub, Cuba had a great selection of beers on tap. I thought Carbon was better than GPO, Karma, Club K and CPs anyway. Should be interesting to see it in full swing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Recession hasn't reached Carbon obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pieu!!!

****..thought we got rid of cuba and there obnoxious staff!! will certainly be sticking to CP's if its just Cuba moved down the road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

€3 pints of Harp..

A first for Galway!? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Pints of Harp are only 3 euro there?

Must check it out sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

ciano1 wrote: »
    €3 pints of Harp..

A first for Galway!? :p
    poisonated wrote: »
    Pints of Harp are only 3 euro there?

Must check it out sometime.

holy cow!! €3 pints of slop would almost make carbon bearable

not in a notion boss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Harp, really? Why can't they have cheap Bavaria like a normal club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Croppy Bhoy

Harp is daycent. Much better than Fosters, Bav or Tennents

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

moonflower wrote: »
    Harp, really? Why can't they have cheap Bavaria like a normal club?

I;d rather drink Harp than Bav, Fosters or Tuborg, anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

3 bean harp is really daycent, t'was 4.90 first weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

How much is it in on Saturday nights, anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Tis €3.50 on a Sat night, good value there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Shanley wrote: »
    Tis €3.50 on a Sat night, good value there!

Really? Not so bad when most clubs charge a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

the price of Harp I was chatting about, not sure about admission

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Seaneh wrote: »
    I;d rather drink Harp than Bav, Fosters or Tuborg, anyday.
    Exactly. Yeh only drink Bav when funds restrict your choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Claregalway123

theyre waayy too strict

theyre waayy too strict

and all the cheap beer in the world won't change that! the same people "running" the show will eventually be giving bottles of vodka away at the door to get the crowds in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

PomBear wrote: »
    How much is it in on Saturday nights, anyone know?

Was walking past last night just before they'd opened, was a bouncer standing on the step at the entrance. Asked if it'd be pay-in tonight (just out of interest)... he just shuck his head, didn't speak or even look at me. :eek: What's it with bouncers, why can't they treat people like potential or valued customers like any other business. :mad:

No intention of trying Carbon now.

foto joe wrote: »
    Was walking past last night just before they'd opened, was a bouncer standing on the step at the entrance. Asked if it'd be pay-in tonight (just out of interest)... he just shuck his head, didn't speak or even look at me. :eek: What's it with bouncers, why can't they treat people like potential or valued customers like any other business. :mad:

No intention of trying Carbon now.

bouncers ; so flippin stupid they can't see that every single person who walks up to the door is a potential spender of a few euro towards their wages! they're paid to keep control on a premises and not refuse so many as to make their jobs easier which is the general attitude in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 getthem

Was in there last night (sat) 3 euro for a btl of miller on a sat night... Bargain... Looks nice as well... not too different but nice crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I was in there last night. A pretty decent spot. I got free in and 3.50 pints of Harp. It's hard to beat. I wouldn't pay the usual 12 euro in though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement