Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon Night Club - Opening Friday Feb. 11th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

what the fcuk is wrong with you people, one particular drink for 3.50 and everyone's falling over themselves! personally I'd pay a tenner a drink if the club was any good. free pints wouldn't drag me to this dump

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    what the fcuk is wrong with you people, one particular drink for 3.50 and everyone's falling over themselves! personally I'd pay a tenner a drink if the club was any good. free pints wouldn't drag me to this dump

Why do you care so much if other people like the club? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 getthem

Whoop has a problem with new businesses' starting up, employing staff, taking adds, paying Prsi, Paying corporation rates buying stock, and generally adding to the city's economy.... He would much rather the whole city was closed and everyone just claimed social welfare... First a karting track and now a pub...... Get a life

getthem wrote: »
    Whoop has a problem with new businesses' starting up, employing staff, taking adds, paying Prsi, Paying corporation rates buying stock, and generally adding to the city's economy.... He would much rather the whole city was closed and everyone just claimed social welfare... First a karting track and now a pub...... Get a life

that's it ya

Another "funny" answer from whooper the clown

• Advertisement

getthem wrote: »
    Another "funny" answer from whooper the clown

as I said already "anybody can start a business" and "time will tell" if these people have any business acumen at all. it's plain from the way both are priced out of business from the get go so what's your problem with me pointing that out?? are you friends with any of these businesses by any chance?

it seems to me that the sudden jump into this thread of people bigging up the offer of €3.50 pints is just dirty tricks for fake compliments!

I call shenanigans on them all

I just can't resist posting this reply from an unrelated thread as it's so
    apt here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70765549&postcount=68

Yes thats right Im friends with every new business that opens in Galway...... You and the rest of the business grim reapers are a lot to do with whats wrong with our economy at present... Wishing bad on people who are brave enough to put their money where their mouths are and rubbing your hands together if something doesn't work out... We get it, you wont be going karting or going to gpo, now shut up and let them have a crack at it. The fact that you think that anybody can start a business just goes to show how ignorant and clueless you are.... You are a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

If it was a bad club, it wouln't matter how cheap the pints are. That being said, Carbon is a good club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DiscoChats

was never a fan of the gpo myself,always thought the main room was designed arseways,dj box is in the wrong place for how the room is shaped.
    havent been to "carbon" yet but i will because of its lineups and not its drink prices/selection.
    and once again id like to wish all involved nothing but the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

Pints of Harp? Is it some sort of '80's themed club?

God be with the days when you could get a nice pint of Bass in CPs.

Slightly OT but people appear very interested in the price of a pint in the club. But in reality how many people actually drink pints in a club? Are the vast majority of people not on the shorts by the time they get to the club? I know I could probably count on one hand the number of times Ive had a pint in clubs.

Point being, having speical offers on pints isnt much good when most are gone onto spirits or or possibly bottles. Offers on spirits would have much wider appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I only drink pints so yeah that's important to me.
    On the other hand, I won't really choose one place over another because it's 50 cents cheaper.
    I know I'll be fleeced wherever I go (and usually I don't get to decide what club we go to anyway)...

biko wrote: »
    On the other hand, I won't really choose one place over another because it's 50 cents cheaper.
    I know I'll be fleeced wherever I go (and usually I don't get to decide what club we go to anyway)...

Oh I understand people do drink pints but a higher percentage of people would be on spirits at the club stage.

Personally the price of drink or having to pay in has very little impact on where I go. I tend to go to places my friends and I like rather than be concerned about prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

Oh I understand people do drink pints but a higher percentage of people would be on spirits at the club stage.

Personally the price of drink or having to pay in has very little impact on where I go. I tend to go to places my friends and I like rather than be concerned about prices.

I just go where the clunge goes :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Slightly OT but people appear very interested in the price of a pint in the club. But in reality how many people actually drink pints in a club? Are the vast majority of people not on the shorts by the time they get to the club? I know I could probably count on one hand the number of times Ive had a pint in clubs.

Point being, having speical offers on pints isnt much good when most are gone onto spirits or or possibly bottles. Offers on spirits would have much wider appeal.

Everyone I know drinks pints in clubs, or the odd vodka red bull. Offers on spirits in a club would be lethal!

Tbh drink prices don't have a massive effect on where I go, I'm not going to go somewhere I hate just because a pint is €1 cheaper there. But if I'm not sure where I fancy going I'll usually go with wherever has the best drink offers on.

moonflower wrote: »
    Everyone I know drinks pints in clubs, or the odd vodka red bull. Offers on spirits in a club would be lethal!

Oh yeah some people do alright but personally I don't see many with a pint, My crew would always have had our fill of pints after a good few hours in the pub and would be on the vodka and red bull/7up or captain and coke or whiskey's etc and maybe a few shots when we would get to the club.

Also I always found pints very bad in clubs so even if I was going to have a beer it would be a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

ya club pints are usually ****.

cheap (or even cheaper) bottles is where its at.

give us good prices on 3 bottles of beer for we'll say,€10 for example.
    id rather not drink at all than pay €4.50+ for a corona/miller etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

€3/3.50 Harp? As Lukker said, it was €4.90 the first weekend they were open. That's not bad at all.

And about pints in clubs - I'll usually drink pints over shots. Shots have half the alcohol of a pint and cost up to €2 more for the pleasure. Basic drinkonomics :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Demosthenes

biko wrote: »

It would seem you have yet to learn the fine art of crouching tiger, hidden naggin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

fend wrote: »
    Well now... WHERE DO I START.....

They turned down LOADS of people with the excuse "No GPO regulars, we're starting on a fresh sheet, come back in about a month...." What the hell???????????????????????

My friends (Female) were turned down this way last night. This particular group of girls have never EVER caused any trouble in there. And merely used to go to GPO on a saturday night or maybe a night during the week.

Were the girls wearing big hoopy earrings, top that fell to their ribs and patchy orange fake tan?

It depends on the age of the crowd I think. With younger people getting messier and on shots/spirits with the working crowd sticking on pints.

"Is this meant to sober me up?" would usually be my response if somebody gets me a pint on their round in a club :)

Hulk Hands wrote: »

It depends on the age of the crowd I think. With younger people getting messier and on shots/spirits with the working crowd sticking on pints.

My group of friends would be well into the working crowd age bracket but then again we still like to go a bit mad, worse we are getting with age if anything :D

I just find that after a big feed of pints in the pub I like to get on something different come club time, you sort of get full of pints especially if you are drinking ( a lot of them) fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

4 of us (2 couples) coming from hole in the wall with donegal tops on as it was donegal tuesday tried to get in at 12.15 and they would let us in coz of they said no sports tops allowed..explained that it was for Donegal tuesday and they said they didnt care what the hole in the wall did...we didnt argue and turned around and headed to Karma....Met about 15/20 people with donegal tops headin towards carbon on the way up and told them they wernt letting sports tops in.....Fair enough on a normal night, u wouldnt let people with sports tops on as there usually that drunk they couldnt be bothered to get changed b4 they left the house, but they knew what was going on and there was no queue..thought it was a bit stupid turning away people like that...are they gonna do that to people on paddy's night who are wearing Ireland and Celtic tops??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Aye, pure tight wee bastards they are hi

User Named wrote: »
    4 of us (2 couples) coming from hole in the wall with donegal tops on as it was donegal tuesday tried to get in at 12.15 and they would let us in coz of they said no sports tops allowed..explained that it was for Donegal tuesday and they said they didnt care what the hole in the wall did...we didnt argue and turned around and headed to Karma....Met about 15/20 people with donegal tops headin towards carbon on the way up and told them they wernt letting sports tops in.....Fair enough on a normal night, u wouldnt let people with sports tops on as there usually that drunk they couldnt be bothered to get changed b4 they left the house, but they knew what was going on and there was no queue..thought it was a bit stupid turning away people like that...are they gonna do that to people on paddy's night who are wearing Ireland and Celtic tops??

They were never that strict on clothes in Cuba. If you walked up with a pair of white Carbrini trousers and a Nike hoody, then they obviously wouldn't let you in. I imagine the sports jersey ban is to stop fights breaking out. Past experience maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

I havent been in carbon yet but i have passed at night on a few occassions and i cant recognize a single doorman there from having worked at cuba!
    Are they the same doorstaff?

Personally jerseys arent for wearing out anywhere.maybe ye should have stayed in the hole in the wall if thats where they were allowing them?

barryd09 wrote: »
    I havent been in carbon yet but i have passed at night on a few occassions and i cant recognize a single doorman there from having worked at cuba!
    Are they the same doorstaff?

Some of them are the same anyway. Didn't recognize one or two, so they probably hired a few more during the interviews. I'm sure some of the Cuba bouncers got jobs elsewhere after Cuba closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

. I imagine the sports jersey ban is to stop fights breaking out.

Ah.. Who'd want to fight a Donegal person.
    You'd more likely be trying to get with them due to the accent!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

The Warrick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

The Warrick

BskXRsdPgpMc.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement