Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Wireless Remote Controls

Options
  • 04-02-2011 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

A part of a project, I need to build a PC that has to be capable of receiving a signal from multiple wireless devices. Building the PC is the easy part - the part I have no clue about is the "wireless devices".

The spec for the "wireless devices" (or remotes as I call them):
    • single button remote
    • range: max 500 meters
    • up to 500 remotes connected to my new PC at any time
    • if a button is pressed on 1 remote, it must be possible to identify which remote

Does anyone have a suggestion for a PCI (or other) card that I can put in the PC and a suitable wireless remote?

One thing that comes to mind is some for of Wifi remote - then I don't need a special device in the PC. I cannot find such a device. I know the range of Wifi isn't 500 meters but I can get around with with multiple wifi hubs.

Any ideas?

** mods: please move if I haven't posted in the right forum

Advertisement