Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water daaged Wildfire

• 04-02-2011 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Dropped the wildfire down the bog by mistake. i have it insured and its covered for water damage.

My question is if i wanted the HTC HD will they let me pay the difference and get that phone?

Edit: cant change the title,obviously i meant damaged not daaged D'oh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

bungler wrote: »
    My question is if i wanted the HTC HD will they let me pay the difference and get that phone?

That depends entirely on your insurer, but they might offer you a cheque for the value of a new Wildfire, and then it's entirely up to you how you spend it. That's what mine did when my MacBook Pro was water damaged last year -- I took the money and added to it to buy a higher spec model.

Before you claim at all, make sure you've tried the usual trick of leaving it in a bag of rice for a few days to completely dry it out -- it's amazing how many water-damaged phones can be brought back to life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

My desire went down the toilet too, dried it overnight and it was fine \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm just amazed how many people feel the need to use there phone when having a crap

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm just amazed how many people feel the need to use there phone when having a crap

It aids in relaxing the bowels and just let it all out... :P

Would not be surprised if there's pr0n clips hidden somewhere.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

I left the phone on the top of the bog and had a shower and when grabbing the towel to dry myself it hit the phone which fell down right into the bowl. I dont use the phone of the bog i prefer to read the Beano:D

• Advertisement

I'd have thought that was the least likely time for a phone to end up down there, not much of a gap to aim for! Falling out of pockets whilst in the vicinty seems to be a more common cause...

I left the phone on the top of the bog and had a shower and when grabbing the towel to dry myself it hit the phone which fell down right into the bowl. I dont use the phone of the bog i prefer to read the Beano:D
    Tsk, that'll teach you to put the seat down in future :P

calum wrote: »
    Tsk, that'll teach you to put the seat down in future :P

Murphys law, I always put the seat down because im afriad it'll slip into the bog but i was in a rush and forgot,typical.
    On another note I would have thought that a lot of people would use their phones while sitting on the throne to play games etc.

Murphys law, I always put the seat down because im afriad it'll slip into the bog but i was in a rush and forgot,typical.
    On another note I would have thought that a lot of people would use their phones while sitting on the throne to play games etc.

Have tried that - not good - ended up like as if I've ridden a horse outside, walking funny due to the stiffness of sitting on the throne getting sore thumbs playing angry birds - no way jóse... I have a tendency to slouch over....

I looked more like as if I had wonky hips as a result!!!!!!!!! :pac:

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Have tried that - not good - ended up like as if I've ridden a horse outside, walking funny due to the stiffness of sitting on the throne getting sore thumbs playing angry birds - no way jóse... I have a tendency to slouch over....

I looked more like as if I had wonky hips as a result!!!!!!!!! :pac:

I remmeber when i got angry birds first i sat on the pot for about 40 minutes until i got pins and needles and when i went to keep up i didnt realise my left leg was completly asleep and fell over with my tweeds around my ankles and landing in the bath, never again will i make that mistake

• Advertisement

I remmeber when i got angry birds first i sat on the pot for about 40 minutes until i got pins and needles and when i went to keep up i didnt realise my left leg was completly asleep and fell over with my tweeds around my ankles and landing in the bath, never again will i make that mistake

Har!!!! So I'm not the only one!!!!! :pac:

Thanks for the laugh....

Especially coming out of the bathroom with a dead leg... and ya go "Christ, look what Angry Birds did to me" and fall over.... :pac:

Advertisement