Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning windows

Options
  • 04-02-2011 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi, i am just looking out of my window and it looks horrible. Not going to ask againg why windows in Ireland do open to outside :pac: i will just ask. How do you wash them? Does every one call cleaning company to do this? My window is to high to wash it outside, there is no way i can do it and i want it clean for summer.
    Could somebody please recommend any good cleaning company. How much does it cost and how high they can clean!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

You're best bet is to contact companies or sole traders that specialize in window cleaning and get several quotes. I'd recommend John Trench or Tribal cleaning.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I remember being sent out on the window ledge :o

You can do it yourself using a ladder I'f you're do inclined or hire someone. I'd leave it until a little later in the year though as with the weather like it is they'll be filthy again in no time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If you're stuck use a (clean) mop with soapy water and let this wet weekend rinse it off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'd leave it until a little later in the year though as with the weather like it is they'll be filthy again in no time.

Quite right too. Wait until after Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aldi/Lidl had an offer for an extendible brush thingybob for upstairs windows. They'll probably have it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

biko wrote: »
    Aldi/Lidl had an offer for an extendible brush thingybob for upstairs windows. They'll probably have it again.

I dont think i can reach that high even with extendible brush, but will have a look and check. Thanks!

(i called some guy from cleaning company and he said its 15€ for two windows -not too bad)

I think they should start building with windows opening to the inside -seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

martyboy48 wrote: »

That's savage. I wonder are they costly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

This is how they really do it:

We've a 60ft pole but don't do residential I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mybabydoll

martyboy48 wrote: »

that is brilliant dont need one but would nearly get one just to have it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

Luckily you dont have to many of these here :

http://polish-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Gdynia-Sea-Towers-1.jpg

-but why making life even more difficult! Everywhere i lived before windows where opening to the inside and no problem with cleaning. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

softmee wrote: »
    (i called some guy from cleaning company and he said its 15€ for two windows -not too bad)

Ill do it for €10.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement