Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imperial Bedrooms

Options
  • 04-02-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get this? I'm a huge Bret Easton Ellis fan so i know i must be biased but i absolutely loved it! Brilliantly written, and the references to less than zero the book and movie were a nice touch.

What did everyone else think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Just read it over the Xmas holidays, thought it was a lot better than some of his other stuff, definitely enjoyed it, though as usual with Ellis the ending frustrated me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I found this just as challenging as Glamorama but didn't really enjoy it as much. I would have liked if it was longer although I think I should really read it again before I cast my final judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

Have the book, got half way through it a few months ago, but started reading other books/lack of time, so I will have to go back to it. I like most of his stuff Lunar Park possibly my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Did not like it at all, loved Less Than Zero, but this one was just frustrating. I read it last summer and can't remember it all that well but I remember wanting to throw it in the bin after finishing it.
    Spent 13 odd pound on it though so I let it live.

Advertisement