Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from several forums on a whim

• 04-02-2011 4:27pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

I've had to resort to starting a thread here, I'm being targeted by several moderators for little reason and banned without explanation.

Firstly I'll start with the Hip Hop forum. I've made two posts in said forum, neither could be said to be abusive. Even an Admin agreed when I asked his opinion.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056148104

A verbal attack from a certain poster, not punished. Then I receive a PM from moderator Orizio after questioning through PM, am told, "Yeah, you're not getting back in."

I don't want to post there anymore but it's principle of it all. Banned permanently for supposed "trolling", is completely extreme. A verbal warning or temp ban, but permanent is just completely unnecessary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Okay, as you're referring to the Hip Hop forum I guess that falls under my remit. First off, you sent me a private message on Jan 16th which I replied to the same day but you didn't reply to my questions in there. Anyway, going by what you have written you've already gone through the first two stages of the DRP above. I will contact Orizio to get their side of events. I would ask you to please respond to any private messages I may send to you on this matter as I will need both sides of the story.

Also, if you are being targetted by moderators in the Music category, please PM me with details (be as detailed as you can).

Just to update you DB10, I am awaiting a response from the moderator that banned you. I sent him a PM on Sunday night.

Okay, in the absence of a response from the moderator and because I want to get this resolved as soon as possible I have removed your ban from the Hip Hop forum. Given that each transgression has to be judged on its own merits regardless of a user's conduct on other forums I believe a permanent ban was not justified in this case. I have replaced it with an infraction for insulting another user.

I would strongly advise you to keep an eye on what you post in future. Take a deep breath, use the Preview Post button and ask yourself if what you're about to post is adding to the discussion thread at hand. Remember, Boards.ie is a discussion forum, not an insult the other user forum. If you find that a user has insulted you then please use the report post icon report.gif and let the moderators deal with it. Don't resort to name calling. That will derail the thread for all concerned and cause more work for the moderators.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Thank you very much. I wasnt a big poster in it, but the ban really struck a cord with the permanent nature.

• Advertisement

DB10 wrote: »
    Thank you very much. I wasnt a big poster in it, but the ban really struck a cord with the permanent nature.
    I have still had no response from the moderator in question but with the ban removed and the user satisfied with the outcome I think this thread can be marked as resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Thanks, closing the thread, marking it resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement