Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Transfers

Options
  • 04-02-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Can anyone recommend the best bank for International Transfers?

Bank of Ireland is a farce. I couldn't do it online, I went into the branch and it takes 4 days or if you pay extra and are there before 12pm it will be by the end on the day so I opted for this, then I found out that they had to send the form to the branch that holds my account before they could do the transfer.
    Seems like with all the technology this could be done better.

Best,

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Hey,

Bank of Ireland is a farce. I couldn't do it online, I went into the branch and it takes 4 days or if you pay extra and are there before 12pm it will be by the end on the day so I opted for this, then I found out that they had to send the form to the branch that holds my account before they could do the transfer.

Best,

R

Ask who you are sending money to, for their IBAN No: .Then transfers are usualy fast, and most of all, (if done on your own P.C.) FREE.
    Ask ypur bank, they will tell you how to do it, if you have a helpfull bank. Shown how to do it when we still had a National Irish Bank in Clonmel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

Hey,

Best,

R

Yeah, it can be done better..

Just need to educate yourself on the use of technology.

25 seconds search gave me this
    http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/online-banking/online-banking-benefits/#3

But it's easier to logon to the internet and moan isn't it?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Hey,

Thanks for the info. I was aware of this system but, the problem with that is that in order to send the transfer you have to first get a letter from the bank which takes a few days.
    noworries wrote: »
    Yeah, it can be done better..

Just need to educate yourself on the use of technology.

25 seconds search gave me this
    http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/online-banking/online-banking-benefits/#3

But it's easier to logon to the internet and moan isn't it?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Also I would like to state for the record that I wasn't just coming on here to moan, I was asking if anyone was aware of a better service than that provided by BOI. I have searched the internet but was wondering if anyone had any positive ecperiences with any service.

I deal a lot with vendors in the UK and when I say that a Transfer will take a few days most are surprised and I do get a little embarrassed about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Almost all online banking providers are miles better than BoI, which is something that you would have discovered if you had searched the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

I deal a lot with vendors in the UK and when I say that a Transfer will take a few days most are surprised and I do get a little embarrassed about it.

Next time you are talking to you UK vendors ask them how long it takes to
    clear a cheque in the UK. You will get your own back on them when they
    tell you it can take up to 10 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

AIB online is about 3 days too.
    EUR15 for the pleasure of using their service.

You're not going to get much faster I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

You can't do it online with Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 naughty1205

Also I would like to state for the record that I wasn't just coming on here to moan, I was asking if anyone was aware of a better service than that provided by BOI. I have searched the internet but was wondering if anyone had any positive ecperiences with any service.

The letter that BOI need to send out contains an activation code, once you have that that's it, no filling out forms and queuing in a bank. It's a one-off that you have to do, if you do it today you would have it in 3 days and it's done! You can also receive it (the code) via mobile phone then the daily limit is 3k.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You can also register your mobile on 365 so that in future all beneficiary activation codes are texted to you, so you don't have to wait for them to come in the post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement