Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

organisation for supporting judges during hard times ask for more money.

• 04-02-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

I was reading the independant on wednesday while sitting in the barbers and came across an article about an organisation for supporting judges during hard financial times, they were asking for more donations so judges can put their kids in private schools.... , needless to say i thought this was fcuking outrageous, if they can't afford private education they should just put their kids into a public school like anyone else would have to, not ask the judges charity (i don't even understand why there is one, surely even the judges that make less than the rest are still fairly well off?) to give them money so they can get luxuries.

I couldn't find the article on the internet but if anyone manages to find it please link it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

http://www.independent.ie/search/?rows=50&q=judge

Nothing from Feb 2nd

You sure you read this? Sounds like fiction, the story, not your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

They get like 10grand a year for upkeep of a library in their home. Few grand for wigs a year every year too.
    I believe cancer sufferers get a pittance for a wig in comparison, if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

A New York judge has allowed a man to proceed with a lawsuit claiming a rodent bit him on the penis while in jail.

We should give these poor judges the money and in return have rats bite the mikey off them. Seems fair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

It was in the paper anyway, it was quite far in and was a small enough article basically saying that the organisation asked for more money and were basically told to fcuk off straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Judges live in a different world to the rest of us, as can regularly be seen by the sentences they hand out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Laisurg wrote: »
    I was reading the independant on wednesday while sitting in the barbers and came across an article about an organisation for supporting judges during hard financial times, they were asking for more donations so judges can put their kids in private schools.... , needless to say i thought this was fcuking outrageous, if they can't afford private education they should just put their kids into a public school like anyone else would have to, not ask the judges charity (i don't even understand why there is one, surely even the judges that make less than the rest are still fairly well off?) to give them money so they can get luxuries.

I couldn't find the article on the internet but if anyone manages to find it please link it.

Oh god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

When did the IndependEnt turn into a parody newspaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭xE

If I remember correctly, according to Byrne & McCutcheon on the Irish Legal System, the lowest salary (for that of a District Court judge) is €160,000 annually. However I don't believe any of this crap from the Independent.

There wages cannot be reduced either, they can only go upward. This is to preserve the separation of powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

orourkeda wrote: »
    Oh god

Don't judge me! I was in the barbers and it was either that or the hair catalog!

Advertisement