Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4x4 Ambulance on Campus

Options
  • 04-02-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I was wondering, because I see it all the time, what the 4x4 ambulance around campus is for. Who drives it? What is it function? for emergencies or training? and so on. I've never seen it responding to anything, just parked up in car parks and stuff.

Anybody know anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Never once seen this.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Never once seen this.

Its in the foundation carpark today:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I have seen it several times in the Stables Pay Car Park, but today was in the foundation car park.. have no idea why it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AlwaysRight

I always wondered was it attached to the medical centre or something. Or maybe the medical school, or academy for emergency medical education. I've seen that 4x4 and an estate version around the place. Always parked up. In dromroe, foundation car park, outside the main building and even up at dunnes! Its got the UL logo on it. Looks like its loaded with equipment in the back but I've never heard to it going to any stuff on campus where something like that might have been helpful, cos if it was an on campus emergency service it would be a great thing to have! But I just don't know!! I was hoping some boardie would have an idea cos its been annoying me for a while!

I get bothered by the silly things! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭paraletic

the ambulance service's new national medical director, is limerick based, he is also course director for professional devellopement courses run from UL, for pre hospital emergency care staff (paramedics etc).
    http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Faculties/Education_%26_Health_Sciences/Departments/Graduate_Entry_Medical_School/RESEARCH/Centres/Academy%20of%20Emergency%20Medical%20Education
    if the ambulance vehicle your talking about to is HSE it could be his, one of his collegues, or someone attending a course.

hope thats some help:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AlwaysRight

Here is a pic of it. If you can see there is UL crest on the side, so you'd imagine it'd have something to do with the college itself.

Advertisement