Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Liverpool Sunday 6th February 16:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Why does declaring they are back in the title race, after securing 2 world class players a bit sad? Not to mention having played well in the last few game, Everton excluded, after scoring 10 goals in the league and only conceding 3, 8 of those away from home. And how can you tell something rotten was going on from that statement??
    Where did i say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think people are making far to much about Liverpool players facing Torres. They won't care, they are proffesionals and know this happens all the time. Chelsea are huge favorites here and I'd be delighted with a draw.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

amiable wrote: »
    Where did i say that?

Where else would they be back?

Why does declaring they are back in the title race, after securing 2 world class players a bit sad? Not to mention having played well in the last few game, Everton excluded, after scoring 10 goals in the league and only conceding 3, 8 of those away from home. And how can you tell something rotten was going on from that statement??
    Because they went from being a double winning team to needing to spend silly sums of money to get themselves going again and sounded as if they needed to convince themselves.
    Chelsea are 10 points off the pace from a Man United team who haven't been firing in my opinion. This as i say from a team who wonthe double just a few months ago

Where else would they be back?
    I took it to mean that they were back to themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I get the impression a few of the Chelsea fans are underestimating Liverpools chances on Sunday.
    I really hope some of the Chelsea players are doing the same.
    I heard on Five Live the Chelsea players were declaring that they are back after their new additions this week.
    A bit sad IMO and shows something was rotten in the Chelsea camp

LOL, and there you were saying we chelsea fans werent being positive!
    Or was it negative? :confused:

I can assure you, Chelsea will be just as professional, determined and focused as Liverpool. Both teams have the same thing to play for and it begins with an 'E'

Europe!

In the last 2 league games, we've scored 4 goals in each and thats away.

Oh and the rumour is Poulson is back :D
    Even your own fans think he is ****e!

The players who were released in the Summer should have been replaced then. It's happened 6 months too late. The sacking of Wilkins also had an effect. I think the players were upset about the lack of investment in he squad. All you had to do was look at our bench to see how thin our squad was.

Our youth facilities aren't producing like Arsenals yet, and our scouting network is not as good as Uniteds, so there was no other way to strengthen other than to spend big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Why does declaring they are back in the title race, after securing 2 world class players a bit sad?

Wouldn't say back in the race just yet tbh.They have to claw back a 5 and 10 point gap which will be quite difficult to do.
    Am discounting City as their fans feel this won't be their season so if United and Arsenal both win on Saturday and Chelsea fail to win on Sunday, well i feel the back in the title race remark will be dead in the water somewhat.I expect Chelsea to win but of course i will be supporting the Pool on the day as them taking something will have a big effect on your trophy winning ambitions. :D

LOL, and there you were saying we chelsea fans werent being positive!
    Or was it negative? :confused:

I can assure you, Chelsea will be just as professional, determined and focused as Liverpool. Both teams have the same thing to play for and it begins with an 'E'

Europe!

In the last 2 league games, we've scored 4 goals in each and thats away.

Thanks Kenny for leaking some of Sundays team.
    Again i'm still not worried

• Advertisement

d22ontour wrote: »
    Wouldn't say back in the race just yet tbh.They have to claw back a 5 and 10 point gap which will be quite difficult to do.
    Am discounting City as their fans feel this won't be their season so if United and Arsenal both win on Saturday and Chelsea fail to win on Sunday, well i feel the back in the title race remark will be dead in the water somewhat.I expect Chelsea to win but of course i will be supporting the Pool on the day as them taking something will have a big effect on your trophy winning ambitions. :D

Realistically we have to win nearly all our remaining games and see how everyone else gets on. I don't think we should be written off yet.

Realistically we have to win nearly all our remaining games and see how everyone else gets on. I don't think we should be written off yet.
    I for one haven't written Chelsea off yet. I backed them at 9/1 to win the league.
    I've laid a bit of it off already and i now have a nice handsome bet on them for free

Thanks Kenny for leaking some of Sundays team.
    Again i'm still not worried

Thats KING Kenny to you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

+1
    And having been outspent by 9 other PL teams including Liverpool over the past 3 years - that injection was overdue. Dont think even Steve Clarke can organise that 'Pool defence well enough. The move to 5 at the back midweek to them (being oddly talked up as 3 at the back) was a clue as to their plan for the Bridge. Think we pose a bit more threat than Stoke though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Liverpool 1, Chelsea 0...scored by Luis Suarez :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

TBF its not just Liverpool fans who think that! :P
    Also TBF he has played well the last few games....however i`d still have him nowhere near the squad IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Lars1916 wrote: »

carlsberg dont do sundays, but if they did.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well then so does this!
    He’s now a blue he was a red – Torres! Torres!
    He’s left The Kop to join The Shed – Torres! Torres!
    He didn’t want to be be a scouse,
    He hates it when they rob your house
    Fernando Torres – Chelsea’s new number nine!
    They thought he’d always be a red – Torres! Torres!
    You’ll never walk alone he said – Torres! Torres!
    They bought the lad from sunny Spain,
    He scored a few then grew a brain
    He told the club he wants to leave,
    To play with Frank instead of Steve
    Fernando Torres – Chelsea’s new number nine!

His armband lied,he was no red,Torres Torres
    He's just a rentboy like they said,Torres Torres
    Into our backs he plunged his knife
    I hope John Terry shags his wife
    Fernando Torres chelseas new number 9

Dont think even Steve Clarke can organise that 'Pool defence well enough

3 clean sheets in a row?

+1
    And having been outspent by 9 other PL teams including Liverpool over the past 3 years - that injection was overdue. Dont think even Steve Clarke can organise that 'Pool defence well enough. The move to 5 at the back midweek to them (being oddly talked up as 3 at the back) was a clue as to their plan for the Bridge. Think we pose a bit more threat than Stoke though!
    3 clean sheets in a row?
    I'd be very surprised if Liverpool line up with 3 centre backs again at Chelsea
    It was obviously to combat Stoke's aerial threat and it worked well.
    You must not have watched the match or if you did you just don't understand

Lars1916 wrote: »

All the pressure will surround Chelsea and Torres....nice to see Suarez under the radar for Sundays game TBH

• Advertisement

3 clean sheets in a row?
    Remind me against who:rolleyes:

Does that mean cos the opposition was poor in your opinion that for the LFC defence to have a good game the opposition should have finished with a minus score? Don't be daft. You can only keep a clean sheet against the team in front of you.
    Remind me how Chelsea got on at Molineaux against such a poor opposition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Wolves, Fulham and Stoke! Why???? Does it matter?

3 clean sheets in a row?

Chelsea are a bit of step up from Fulham, stoke and Wolves.

Watch that match?? Lifes too short!! Well - I was a work tbh - but I dont think 3 centre halfs would be necessarily be introduced to combat aerial threat. Look forward to seeing the line-ups. Still expect to see 3 centre halves, 2 full backs, 2 holding midfielders, and bus firmly parked. Good being a Liverpool fan?

Watch that match?? Lifes too short!! Well - I was a work tbh - but I dont think 3 centre halfs would be necessarily be introduced to combat aerial threat. Look forward to seeing the line-ups. Still expect to see 3 centre halves, 2 full backs, 2 holding midfielders, and bus firmly parked. Good being a Liverpool fan?
    Its fookin amazing being a Liverpool fan thtanks for asking. That will never change. You didn't see the game yet you know how they played and what formation. Jog on

Does that mean cos the opposition was poor in your opinion that for the LFC defence to have a good game the opposition should have finished with a minus score? Don't be daft. You can only keep a clean sheet against the team in front of you.
    Remind me how Chelsea got on at Molineaux against such a poor opposition?
    Poor goal conceded - if not quite Pantsil standards. Anyway ... is Chelseas defence an issue now?

Its fookin amazing being a Liverpool fan thtanks for asking. That will never change. You didn't see the game yet you know how they played and what formation. Jog on
    That's not a typo, just a stutter.
    Please don't mock me

Its not very difficult to find out the formation. You keep enjoying your 'amazing' ride. :)

Chelsea are a bit of step up from Fulham, stoke and Wolves.

What is your point Chucky? The post was that Clarke cant organise the defense....3 CS in a row calls that BS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

+1
    And having been outspent by 9 other PL teams including Liverpool over the past 3 years - that injection was overdue.

GTFO !!

What have you spent since Roman bought the club and compare that with every other club... :rolleyes:

800m in 6 years is it ? :rolleyes:

You know why you didn't spend and that's because Kenyon thought he could actually turn you into a sustainable club...You kinda need a fanbase for that, eh ? ;)

Your coming across quite condescending.....your also clueless in your "analysis". You didnt see the game so you cant comment on the set up fairly IMO

What is your point Chucky? The post was that Clarke cant organise the defense....3 CS in a row calls that BS

He said he didn't think he'd organise the Pool defence well enough.

He said he didn't think he'd organise the Pool defence well enough.

He wont organise it well enough for the Chelsea game? I have full confidence that he will. Yes Chelsea are a step up from the last 3 games but i wouldn't dismiss our defense to keep another CS against Chelsea TBH...

He wont organise it well enough for the Chelsea game? I have full confidence that he will. Yes Chelsea are a step up from the last 3 games but i wouldn't dismiss our defense to keep another CS against Chelsea TBH...
    Agreed. Its work in progress IMO. I think Clarke will get Liverpool sorted

Fair enough, entitled to your opinion. I just don't think Chelseavera was being completely dismissive of Clarke, just that he'd struggled this game and I'd agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Clarke spent years at Chelsea including working daily coaching sessions with the likes of Terry, Essien and Cech, he'll have some handy nuggets for the attack to use against them hopefully.

mike65 wrote: »
    Clarke spent years at Chelsea including working daily coaching sessions with the likes of Terry, Essien and Cech, he'll have some handy nuggets for the attack to use against them hopefully.

Torres is also excellently acquainted with the Liverpool defence

Fair enough, entitled to your opinion. I just don't think Chelseavera was being completely dismissive of Clarke, just that he'd struggled this game and I'd agree.
    Same poster was also talking about how Liverpool lined up against stoke and played without actually seeing the game. Tinge of bitterness there imo.
    I've thought Clarke would be a quality addition since the rumours went out about him.
    I still think he is

• Advertisement

As are the defense of him
    Plus i dont think he'll start

How many times has he played against them competitively?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I hope Liverpool tear Chelsea apart.

Come on lads, ye can do it, I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

How many times has he played against them competitively?

He has played with them everyday since he joined Liverpool. I think you might learn something.

DH2K9 wrote: »
    He has played with them everyday since he joined Liverpool. I think you might learn something.
    Another poster who can't answer the question.
    Its not difficult. It's in English. If you are not going to answer the question why bother posting?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Everyday yeah;) You might learn something.... there might have been one or two days when he didn't ....

• Advertisement

What about the times he ****ed off to every meaningless Spain friendly ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Its getting old these songs about Torres Torres
    Some are below par just like Torres Torres
    They call them a fool
    cas he left the pool
    bla bla bla what other word rhymes with pool
    Fernando Torres songs are tiring

d22ontour wrote: »
    GTFO !!

What have you spent since Roman bought the club and compare that with every other club... :rolleyes:

Well, if you were a billionaire, you would, wouldnt you? ;)
    Thats what makes me laugh about people moaning about how much he has spent. Its sheer jealously.
    Do you mean to tell me, that if some billionaire rode into Anfield and started a similier spree, you and all the pool fans would rise up as one and say "No thanks mate, give us some more free transfers!"
    Leave it out!

800m in 6 years is it ? :rolleyes:

And lovin it, count the trophys!

You know why you didn't spend and that's because Kenyon thought he could actually turn you into a sustainable club...You kinda need a fanbase for that, eh ? ;)

We have a very good fanbase thanks very much,
    record sponsership deals etc.
    With naming rights, our income will look very good for the fair play rules.
    You DONT have to break even, and why would you with a billionaire owner. Thats like putting a horse in front of a race car.
    If we can find a way to develop Stamford Bridge and increase capacity, our income would increase even more.

And chelseavera is right, we were outspent.
    We only spent 24 mill last season and still won the DOUBLE!
    We tried the kids way but even Barca with their famed academy has to buy back in, even ones they let go re Fab!

Roman followed completely the logical path when he bought us after beating some team in the last game and qualifying for CL :D

You rebuild the team and fast track it for success.
    What else would you do?:confused:
    Just ask Man City.

But you dont need to constantly rebuild the team, you have to leave it alone a bit, and he didnt need to after the initial splurge as they started winning.
    Pretty much the same team won the double last season and started like a train this season. So everything still looked peachy. Then injurys kicked in and we got caught short. The kids werent quite ready so chequebook out, again so what - he's a billionaire!

Chelsea fans have NO problem with this. :D

In the summer, some more of the "old team" will move on, there will be new and costly arrivals, and hopefully some of the youth will be mixed in as well.

Yes Kenyoun spouted off about being self sustainable, but who was he kidding eh?

Oh and lastly
    A lot of Romans spending filitered down to clubs in the lower divisions.

Enjoy Sunday (but not too much!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm praying the likes of Danny, Kakuta, Mancienne and Van Aanholt really grab the loan period by the horns and get as much from it as possible.
    Don't think we will need to buy big in the summer, one or two up and coming youths will suffice I'd imagine.

papagormo wrote: »
    I'm praying the likes of Danny, Kakuta, Mancienne and Van Aanholt really grab the loan period by the horns and get as much from it as possible.
    Don't think we will need to buy big in the summer, one or two up and coming youths will suffice I'd imagine.
    Mancienne has been out on loan so much now he could hardly be in the plans?

• Advertisement
Advertisement