Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Liverpool Sunday 6th February 16:00

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I think this says all you need to know about this forum when a mod behaves like this.:rolleyes:

I think it says it all about this forum when people are clueless as to how it actually works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No I have an attention span long enough to be able to read it.

The guy was making a point having been pretty much labelled a troll (which most should know is not the case).

If you aren't going to bother to read it then at least have a bit of decency to not be a dick at the same time.

Would that be abusive by any chance hhuuummm guess we will soon see!

I wasn't bothered to read it, why would i when its about hodgson? have no interest in that what-so-ever its a chelsea V's liverpool thread and as far as i knew hodgson had nothing to do with the game today, therefore my comment!

Likewise if you dont like my comments dont read them but if you do read them have the decency not to abuse the poster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I think this says all you need to know about this forum when a mod behaves like this.:rolleyes:

I totally agree with what he said - he was quoting another mod who in my book was out of line, completely belittleing the opinions of 1 poster, Who spent time in putting together a well presented viewpoint. Shame on him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No I have an attention span long enough to be able to read it.

The guy was making a point having been pretty much labelled a troll (which most should know is not the case).

If you aren't going to bother to read it then at least have a bit of decency to not be a dick at the same time.

Agreed, the ignorance is unbelievable.

The guy clearly put alot of time and effort into that post, which was a very good post I might add.

I wasn't bothered to read it, why would i when its about hodgson? have no interest in that what-so-ever its a chelsea V's liverpool thread and as far as i knew hodgson had nothing to do with the game today, therefore my comment!

Likewise if you dont like my comments dont read them but if you do read them have the decency not to abuse the poster!

Attemting to rubbish the original poster's view and call it "bla de bla" is abuse.

Its also childish, unwarrented and should recieve punishment imo. You should be setting an example!

ardinn wrote: »
    I totally agree with what he said - he was quoting another mod who in my book was out of line, completely belittleing the opinions of 1 poster, Who spent time in putting together a well presented viewpoint. Shame on him!

Lol, all mods are posters they are only mods in their own forums, we are free to say do as we wish in any other forums so lang as it falls within the rules on the charter, which my post did but another mods post didn't!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Anyone else get to about there (blah de blah above) and get bored and not read on....

Yeah i though so, lol.

i really wish you had to pass a test and get a license to use the internet

Lol, all mods are posters they are only mods in their own forums, we are free to say do as we wish in any other forums so lang as it falls within the rules on the charter, which my post did but another mods post didn't!

You still have a duty as a mod to act with some responsibility and show respect to other posters. If the original poster was trolling, being sarcastic, misleading or ill informed, then maybe - but he wasnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

@Mr. Nice Guy.

Roy seems a decent enough man. Maybe if he'd had an easier set of fixtures at the start, things might have went a different way, he certainly couldn't handle the pressure anyway. I don't think he "got" the club and that was part of his downfall.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If it's deemed abusive then so be it. Too many folk are posting petty comments like yours knowing they can't be pulled up on it by the charter. If I get a card for saying what others are thinking then no big deal, it's five strikes and you're out anyway.

Jazzy wrote: »
    i really wish you had to pass a test and get a license to use the internet

Ah some people take things way way too serious, the post had no place in this thread to start with its not the liverpool team talk thread, some people in a few of these forums need to really lighten up a bit :rolleyes:

Also nice ninja edit to include MUSESIT's post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hodgson came in under a cloud after the Benitez dismissal and it was quite clear many simply didn't fancy him. As a result, he had to win many of the fans over. Dalglish in contrast is regarded as a club legend already and so was going to be given that kind of attitude - patience, tolerance, call it what you will. The defeat to Blackpool was met with little criticism. Do you think Hodgson would have gotten off so lightly? What about the Everton game? What if he was there for the Fulham game? Wouldn't we have heard comments like 'Big deal it was an O.G. Hodgson out!'

You have the answer to your own query in here, Blackpool part 2 was Dalglishs first game in charge (FA cup don't count really) the loss was a pity but if Hodgson had been in charge it would have merely confimed what we already knew about him, he was a bad fit (I was someone who backed him to succeed Rafa btw) by every measurement one can apply to the game Dalglish is a better Liverpool manager and thats after 6 games, including 4 clean sheets and more goals per game and guess what more points per game.

League Games
    RH played 20 lost 9 drawn 4 won 7 win rate 0.35
    KD played 6 lost 1 drawn 1 won 4 win rate 0.66

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mike65 wrote: »
    You have the answer to your own query in here, Blackpool part 2 was Dalglishs first game in charge (FA cup don't count really) the loss was a pity but if Hodgson had been in charge it would have merely confimed what we already knew about him, he was a bad fit (I was someone who backed him to succeed Rafa btw) by every measurement one can apply to the game Dalglish is a better Liverpool manager and thats after 6 games, including 4 clean sheets and more goals per game and guess what more points per game.

League Games
    RH played 20 lost 9 drawn 4 won 7 win rate 0.35
    KD played 6 lost 1 drawn 1 won 4 win rate 0.66

We had a negative goal difference too, leaking goals.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Ah some people take things way way too serious, the post had no place in this thread to start with its not the liverpool team talk thread, some people in a few of these forums need to really lighten up a bit :rolleyes:

Also nice ninja edit to include MUSESIT's post

i deemed his post as crap and useless as your one but hadn't read it before i posted. and yes, MNG's post did have a place on this thread as amazingly, it was a reaction to other posts & posters on this thread. and if "lightening up" includes such crap and low brow attempts at 'humour' such as "Anyone else get to about there (blah de blah above) and get bored and not read on.... Yeah i though so, lol." then i am adamant that i stay in the dark.... "LOL!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Mr. Nice Guy - Can I ask you genuinely have you watched many Liverpool games this year?

Did you watch Liverpool under Hodgson and have you watched their last few games? Have you watched a lot of football and do you have a halfway decent knowledge of tactics?

I assume one of the answers to these questions must be no because to claim that Hodgson could have achieved 6th or that he should have been given more time is absurd.

Kenny has rightly been given a lot of praise for inspiring confidence and belief into the team, but I think this has slightly overshadowed the tactical changes he's brought in. He's displayed great tactical nous since he came in and this has been just as big a factor as the change in morale.

Have you seen this yet?

http://tomkinstimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Reina-comarpison-vs-Wolves-last-year.jpg

Do you think Reina was playing long balls just for fun? Do you really think Kenny would ask him to play balls like that now?

This is as clear a display of the tactics under Hodgson you will see. The fact is our players are not really long ball players. They don't fit into that system as it's a restrictive 'safe' way of playing that might suit a bottom half team but not a top 6 team. Hodgson could well be a success at another team like Fulham but he will never succeed at a top team.

If you have watched Liverpool play regularly this year and have any kind of knowledge of football then I am absolutely baffled by your viewpoint. If you haven't then your opinion counts for nothing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Has Carragher been released from custody yet ?

I heard he was arrested for having 50m in his pocket yesterday.

/unsubscribes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I see the anti LFC brigade where out in force ruining the thread last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Mister men wrote: »
    I see the anti LFC brigade where out in force ruining the thread last night.

haters gonbna hate

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I thought Dirk was incredible yesterday and his fitness really is scary for a man of 30. He hassled Terry for the whole game and gave him a good few belts and bumps to go with it.

While he may not get a load of goals he is brilliant as a lone striker in those tough away games. It really is incredible the lack of players like him in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    /unsubscribes

right behind ya

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Early Red Card for Carragher (if selected) or failing that Skertl or Lucas. Cannot wait for this. 3-0 for me. Though i could not resist 5-0 at 66/1 on Paddy Power! Torres amongst the goals - even if from the bench!!
    How wrong were you? Ouch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Vudgie wrote: »
    I thought Dirk was incredible yesterday and his fitness really is scary for a man of 30. He hassled Terry for the whole game and gave him a good few belts and bumps to go with it.

While he may not get a load of goals he is brilliant as a lone striker in those tough away games. It really is incredible the lack of players like him in the league.
    Agreed. Fair play to him. His workrate was amazing yesterday and i have to admit i've recently said i think his legs are gone. I was wrong.
    Can't fault the man for effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,857 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well done to the Pool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Personally I'm having a small dabble at Meireles first scorer @ 17/1. A man in form :)

Thank you very much! As soon as I read this post yesterday I went and put a sneaky tenner on it

I only got 16/1 with PP but you've just paid for my entire weekend worth of beer :D

Advertisement