Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Liverpool Sunday 6th February 16:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Spending big on one or two players with money earned from selling players and a certain amount of sustained and controlled investment from owners is nothing like the chelski method of get taken over by a billionaire spent 100's of millions on players, try to run the club with out his money and end up running at a huge loss and then look for more big hand outs from him when required.

You will find that the vast majority of Liverpool supporters did not want a oil barron/russian mafia type owner, we wanted owner like NESV.

Not quite as funny as your earlier effort, but still made me smile :)

Like Hicks and Gillete maybe?:eek:
    And thats why Torres left - no ambition apart from being boring accountants and balancing the books.

And sorry, but I just dont believe you about fans not wanting a billionaire owner, if it means actually winning trophys and not seeing your best players leave.

And (Sigh) I just dont see the problem of having someone hand us money?:confused:

It wont last forever, but dont you think that they have actually thought about that and we wont be left in the lurch when he does sell up?
    They've been saying that since he arrived and here he is nearly 8 years later and still coughing up money.

Wise up, you will NEVER get that Champ Leagues place back unless you spend significant amounts of cash. Man City and Spurs have taken that from you now, and in the modern era - thats what it takes.
    NESV will NEVER take you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

NESV will NEVER take you there?

Brave man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ah SB! You've summed up all my posts in one sentence.:(:P

You're welcome;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Jesus, more then 24 hours to KO and this thread is 11 pages long !! :eek::eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Only 4 really;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Liverpool have a great record in selling No.9's that never match what they did at Anfield.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

rarnes1 wrote: »

Hahahahaha love it.

Maybe I'm gettin carried away but the whole swap of Torres for Suarez and Carroll is very exciting. Torres looked a little bit miserable at Anfield, but there's new energy with the new two.

COME ON THE POOL!!

Not quite as funny as your earlier effort, but still made me smile :)

Like Hicks and Gillete maybe?:eek:
    And thats why Torres left - no ambition apart from being boring accountants and balancing the books.

And sorry, but I just dont believe you about fans not wanting a billionaire owner, if it means actually winning trophys and not seeing your best players leave.

And (Sigh) I just dont see the problem of having someone hand us money?:confused:

It wont last forever, but dont you think that they have actually thought about that and we wont be left in the lurch when he does sell up?
    They've been saying that since he arrived and here he is nearly 8 years later and still coughing up money.

Wise up, you will NEVER get that Champ Leagues place back unless you spend significant amounts of cash. Man City and Spurs have taken that from you now, and in the modern era - thats what it takes.
    NESV will NEVER take you there.

Read back through the liverpool thread before and during the takeover and you will see that most supporters on here, which gives a good representation of supporters, and you will see the majority were hoping we would not end up with a sugar daddy like chelsea and city.

One title won in the right way is worth so much more than what ye or city have or will win.

You say we will not get a champs league place without spending large amounts of cash, yes we need to spend but not massive stupid unsustainable amounts, we are not even that far off fourth as we are never mind with another few well thought out additions.

What are chelsea going to do when they have to balance the books? The clubs finances are a mess.

NESV are just the type of owner that a football club needs to move forward and prosper in a sustainable way. Torres made a very bad move imo, Liverpool will win a major trophy before Chelsea add another to there rather empty trophy cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Remind me against who:rolleyes:
    Against a team who scored 2 today against the top team in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Here is hoping the game lives up to all this hype :D.Results day made it even more important of a game

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Here is hoping the game lives up to all this hype :D.Results day made it even more important of a game
    It has the makings of a great game alright. Just hope like you its a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Well I know two people who were big Chelsea supporters and both lost interest and more or less stopped caring when they became Chelski, a plastic club trying to buy titles not win them in the right way. Neither were young lads either both in their 40's and one is from London. From what I've heard they are not the only ones either.

So not every one agrees with this method of club ownership. Also dont kid yourself, if the new eu regulations are enforced which I hope they are very strictly ye are fecked.
    And this is the kind of investment that Liverpool have dreamt of. The fact he's a Chelsea fan makes it fine for me - And I've been supporting them for 40 years and never had the littlewoods money etc to get the dream started. They're all soooooooo jealous. We love you Roman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

This should be a handy win for chelsea tomorrow. They are finding their form again and should cruise against a team hyped up by a couple of wins. The only danger is getting dragged into a physical battle due to transfer tensions. 3-0 to chelsea

Read back through the liverpool thread before and during the takeover and you will see that most supporters on here, which gives a good representation of supporters, and you will see the majority were hoping we would not end up with a sugar daddy like chelsea and city.

One title won in the right way is worth so much more than what ye or city have or will win.

You say we will not get a champs league place without spending large amounts of cash, yes we need to spend but not massive stupid unsustainable amounts, we are not even that far off fourth as we are never mind with another few well thought out additions.

What are chelsea going to do when they have to balance the books? The clubs finances are a mess.

NESV are just the type of owner that a football club needs to move forward and prosper in a sustainable way. Torres made a very bad move imo, Liverpool will win a major trophy before Chelsea add another to there rather empty trophy cabinet.
    All i saw was ..... where are the rich Arabs? but the superiority of Liverpool must not be besmicrched

All i saw was ..... where are the rich Arabs? but the superiority of Liverpool must not be besmicrched

If that is all you saw, no point taking issue with by posting links then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

This should be a handy win for chelsea tomorrow. They are finding their form again and should cruise against a team hyped up by a couple of wins. The only danger is getting dragged into a physical battle due to transfer tensions. 3-0 to chelsea

Chelsea finding form yet Liverpool are being hyped up :pac: Are Liverpool not finding a bit of form too? 3 clean sheets to go wit with the 3 consecutive wins. Dont be bitter because United lost:D

It will be a tough assignment tommorrow all the same, hope Liverpool can keep up wit the bizzare scorelines this weekend.

amiable wrote: »
    Against a team who scored 2 today against the top team in the league
    And Liverpool .... and City ..... etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

thekid9 wrote: »
    Chelsea finding form yet Liverpool are being hyped up :pac: Are Liverpool not finding a bit of form too? 3 clean sheets to go wit with the 3 consecutive wins. Dont be bitter because United lost:D

It will be a tough assignment tommorrow all the same, hope Liverpool can keep up wit the bizzare scorelines this weekend.

Chelsea in top form are title contenders, liverpool in top form are top 4 contenders. Kenny has made all the liverpool supporters delusional and tomorrow should be the wake up call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Legend of a thread already. Pity the game tomorrow has to interfere with it.:D

My head hopes for a Liverpool win but my heart hopes for a Chelsea win.

A draw is probably the ideal result for me so basically whatever the result I will be slightly happy.

K-9 wrote: »
    If that is all you saw, no point taking issue with by posting links then.
    I'm not being condescending (as accused last night) - but I genuinely dont remember 'Austerity under some more Yanks' being the battlecry here - or on other Liverpool forums. But I stand to be corrected.

• Advertisement

good post by the kid9. that's why we love and hate this game, its so unpredictable. everydog can have its day eg the fa cup. u can feel the tension at stamford bridge from here! I just hope its a good, open clean game that's not decided by a bad ref decision.

Chelsea in top form are title contenders, liverpool in top form are top 4 contenders. Kenny has made all the liverpool supporters delusional and tomorrow should be the wake up call.

I don't know if we are even that yet. Consensus on Pool thread would be yes, next season, if Carroll and Suarez do well and we buy 2/3 players minimum. There are a few getting carried away, I'm sure ye have some of those supporters too.
    I'm not being condescending (as accused last night) - but I genuinely dont remember 'Austerity under some more Yanks' being the battlecry here - or on other Liverpool forums. But I stand to be corrected.

Again, there'd have been a few who would have taken it. Think we were all taking the piss the time Huang was being associated with the club, but again the consensus would be well run, sustainable, basically ensuring we have a future, the antithesis of G&H.
    good post by the kid9. that's why we love and hate this game, its so unpredictable. everydog can have its day eg the fa cup. u can feel the tension at stamford bridge from here! I just hope its a good, open clean game that's not decided by a bad ref decision.

There has to be one boring game this weekend! 1-0 to Chelsea to make it worse for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

No way a easy win.Very thought differently earlier on in the season and look what happened.Hoping it doesnt turn into a dull game.Though these matches rarely are :D

PS. To understand why people are so happy with Dalglish, you'd need to realise how low we felt under Hodgson, were some even considered relegation contention, a real possibility.

Fair enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Chelsea on paper are by far the superior team. But it's football. But I'll still go 3-0 Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

K-9 wrote: »
    PS. To understand why people are so happy with Dalglish, you'd need to realise how low we felt under Hodgson, were some even considered relegation contention, a real possibility.

no one ever considered LFC to be releagtion candidates but kenny has had some cushy games , we'll see what his team is made of tomorrow

BERBA wrote: »
    no one ever considered LFC to be releagtion candidates but kenny has had some cushy games , we'll see what his team is made of tomorrow

Hard to know. Hodgson had games against the same cushy opposition like Wolves and Stoke and lost! Defence has improved but big test tomorrow. He isn't bad that Torres lad, seen a bit of him myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Suarez not starting apparently, NGog to lead the line so I'd imagine? Would be funny if he outscored Torres..!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd go for 4-4-1-1, look to absorb the pressure then introduce Suarez with 25-30 mins to go and see if something can be nicked late on.

Reina
    Kelly--Skrtel-Agger-Johnson
    Gerrard--Lucas-Poulson-Maxi
    Meireles
    Kuyt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

THFC wrote: »
    Suarez not starting apparently, NGog to lead the line so I'd imagine? Would be funny if he outscored Torres..!

Would say he will go for something similar to the last game with Kuyt leading the line.

Any word yet on if traitorres is starting ?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Will Joe Cole make the bench for the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

mike65 wrote: »
    I'd go for 4-4-1-1, look to absorb the pressure then introduce Suarez with 25-30 mins to go and see if something can be nicked late on.

Reina
    Kelly--Skrtel-Agger-Johnson
    Gerrard--Lucas-Poulson-Maxi
    Meireles
    Kuyt
    I disagree. I think Chelsea will be there for the taking today. I expect Kenny to put out a very attacking side and surprise Chelsea from the off. Wonder will he be tempted to play Cole from the start? I'm actually very positive about todays game would like to see something like this from the off.
    Reina
    Kelly
    Skrtel
    Carra
    Agger
    Johnson
    Lucas
    Gerrard
    Meireles
    Suarez
    Kuyt.

Spot the difference

313676.jpg

the-kop_46001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mister men wrote: »
    I'm actually very positive about todays game would like to see something like this from the off.
    Reina
    Kelly
    Skrtel
    Carra
    Agger
    Johnson
    Lucas
    Gerrard
    Meireles
    Suarez
    Kuyt.

Thats a shockingly narrow formation :p

I disagree. I think Chelsea will be there for the taking today. I expect Kenny to put out a very attacking side and surprise Chelsea from the off. Wonder will he be tempted to play Cole from the start? I'm actually very positive about todays game would like to see something like this from the off.
    Reina
    Kelly
    Skrtel
    Carra
    Agger
    Johnson
    Lucas
    Gerrard
    Meireles
    Suarez
    Kuyt.

Spot the difference

313676.jpg

the-kop_46001.jpg

Errr one is red and the other is blue?

One is zoomed in and the other is wide angle?

Or am I missing something? :D
    Both teams have something to prove

But Super Blues have an extra incentive, because Man U dropped points yesterday, so we have a chance to keep a grip on OUR title as PRESENT, REIGNING PREMIERSHIP CHAMPIONS (oh and DOUBLE WINNERS, as well)

Of course, you are trying to qualify for Europe as well. ANY european competition will do :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CZ3RdyNgfw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

You're definitely missing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

1-0 to the Pool, Suarez to score 1st, 66/1. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Think it will be a humdinger, end to end stuff. 1-0 or 2-1 to Liverpool.

Liverpool are way over priced IMO at 5/1 to win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

amiable wrote: »
    Liverpool are way over priced IMO at 5/1 to win today.

Who is offering 5/1 ? I've only seen 9/2, which is still great value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It'll be a tight, scrappy war of attrition, probably settled by the odd goal - possibly a moment of magic from someone. No way the game can live up to the build up and hype surrounding it.

Hoping Liverpool do us a favour, but not sure if they have it in them.

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool. The forgotten man Anelka to pinch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Think it will be a humdinger, end to end stuff. 1-0 or 2-1 to Liverpool.

That or a rather boring cagey affair, bogged down in midfield.
    Don't envy Carlo trying to pick the team today.
    Play Luiz at CB, if thats done, who to play at FB Ivanovic or Bosingwa.
    Up front, play all 3 of Anelka/Torres/Drogba, or drop one of them.
    Ramires or Mikel.
    Jaysus, don't envy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I hate to say this, but I think Chelsea will win this by 2 or 3 today. Our CB's is a disaster waiting to happen for the last while, and I think today we will be badly exposed.

Hope I'm wrong

Who is offering 5/1 ? I've only seen 9/2, which is still great value.
    Boyle sports.
    If you go online you'll get 11/2
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/chelsea-v-liverpool/winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I hate to say this, but I think Chelsea will win this by 2 or 3 today. Our CB's is a disaster waiting to happen for the last while, and I think today we will be badly exposed.

Hope I'm wrong
    Our CB's have been fantastic these last few games :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Saw on twitter that Chelsea made a copy of our 9 Torres El Nino banner, but in blue. ...and with the Shankly gates still accidentally left on.

Gonna go for a 0-1 win to the reds today. Our defence is looking more composed, and our movement in their half is going to cause problems.

Edit: Liverpool to win @ 6.8 and Mereiles first scorer at 18.5 look good value on betfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Skrtel.

Any game he has played in this season he has looked suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Kess73 wrote: »
    Skrtel.

Agreed, he seems to have lost all concentration and composure. Invariably leading to him losing his man, headers and tackles. I'm hoping that today he has a big big game BUT I'm afraid he'll concentrate too much on Fernando (if he plays) which will expose the problems mentioned above. Hopefully not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Come on Blues, make my birthday wish:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Kess73 wrote: »
    Skrtel.

Skrtel has been poor all season, the greek is also suspect at the best of times.
    If you take the two of them out of it, leaves you with agger and carra starting, who havent played together in ages. I could be wront but they probably havent played together since masch left, and as much as the kid has come on this season, Lucas doesnt offer as much protection to the back for as mash did.

Any way I look at it, Chelsea's attack is now more than capable of taking our defence to the cleaners

• Advertisement
Advertisement