Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Liverpool Sunday 6th February 16:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

smuckers wrote: »
    Anelka
    Torres
    Drogs.

scary on paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just stuck a few quid on there being a sending off (Carragher) having seen the teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DrMorphine wrote: »
    scary on paper

Or possibly incompatible.;)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just stuck a few quid on there being a sending off (Carragher) having seen the teams.

I'd have gone for Skertl meself. Consistently dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

As I predicted earlier in the week on here (to squeals of derision from Scouse fans) Liverpool playing 5 at the back. I was told not to be so stupid - it was a ploy to deal with Stokes aerial ability, when it was obvious to me that it was a dry-run of a system to try and keep Chelsea at bay!
    Dont think even Rafa went this defensive..... C'mon Chels!!!

http://web.tiscalinet.it/snippc/1F15/factory.MP3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Carra back is big news for pool, hope he galvanises that central defense. But torres, anelka and drogba up front compared to us only having kuyt up front, shows the intent of both teams. Be satisfied with a draw, over the moon with a win

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Not really 5 at the back. Dunno if you watched the Stoke game, but Kelly and Johnson were basically camped out in Stoke's half. Agger was almost playing as a wing back. Lots of runners from midfield when we were on the ball. Probably one of our more offensively-minded performances of the season.
    I expect you'll find that evolved when Stoke provided no attacking threat. I think Chelsea will - and lets see how far forward Kelly and Johnson get!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

smuckers wrote: »
    Cech
    Terry
    Ivan
    Cole
    Bos
    Mikel
    Essien
    FL
    Anelka
    Torres
    Drogs.

Now thats a narrow formation :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I expect you'll find that evolved when Stoke provided no attacking threat. I think Chelsea will - and lets see how far forward Kelly and Johnson get!!

Well, the only natural width in the Chelsea team will be from the fullbacks, like Liverpool. So I'd expect both sets of fullbacks to get forward as often as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Liverpool team ?

Reina, Carra, Agger, Skrtel, Kelly, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard, Maxi, Meireles, Kuyt.

Subs Gulacsi, Aurelio, Suarez, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Ngog and Poulsen.

Fantasy Kenny ftw! God I miss that game now that I think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Anybody offering any odds on Torres leaving the pitch injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ok had a look at the lineups. Is Agger playing DM by any chance? Always thought he might be well suited for that position.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd have gone for Skertl meself. Consistently dodgy.

My bet is for any red card in the game, I just think Carragher will be the most likely to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

eagle eye wrote: »
    Ok had a look at the lineups. Is Agger playing DM by any chance? Always thought he might be well suited for that position.
    I don't think so. I think its similar to wednesday's game which i'm surprised about.
    I think Chelsea are vulnerable at the back too

Mikel for two yellows imo if anybody is going to be sent off.

He could be alright. Though they did go 3 at the back last time out.

It does strike me that a midfield three of Lucas/Gerrard/Maxi could be outmuscled by Mikel/Essien/Lamps. Maybe he'll drop Meireles back and play four in there to try and outnumber them? Fascinating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

He could play up front - the man's awesome :)

My bet is for any red card in the game, I just think Carragher will be the most likely to deliver.

I reckon the three at the back is partly to compensate for Skrtel and Carra's chances of getting caught out ot position or one-on-one against Chelsea's attack. Things will be very tight.

Lucas and Gerrard will have their hands full dealing with Chelsea breaking forward though, so I could see a card there. Ditto Mikel and Essien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I would have a bit on Kelly for a red,young lad who may not be as understanding as others towards Torres leaving his hometown club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

flahavaj wrote: »
    He could be alright. Though they did go 3 at the back last time out.

It does strike me that a midfield three of Lucas/Gerrard/Maxi could be outmuscled by Mikel/Essien/Lamps. Maybe he'll drop Meireles back and play four in there to try and outnumber them? Fascinating.

I'd say it will be Maxi playing further up the pitch. Could be wrong just my opinion, I didn't see the match against Stoke so I probably am wrong.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Any veetle stream for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

18 pages 30 mins before Kick Off!!

This is going to be a fun thread for the next few hours :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

so do liverpool have a back 4 or back 5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

7 pages 30 mins before kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Headshot wrote: »
    so do liverpool have a back 4 or back 5?

Back five at a guess. Three centre backs and two wing backs.

5-2-3 when defending and 3 -4-3 when attacking would be my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

6-2 to chelsea.

Drogba 2,Anelka 1,Torres 2,Essien 1.

& for lpool Kuyt 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Couldnt resist sticking 20 on Agger@40/1 for 1st goalscorer, gonna enjoy this game on this miserable sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Drogba and Torres together; two of the best strikers in the world playing together, but it doesn't necessarily work. Can't wait to see them in action together. Torres sporting some insider knowledge re; Liverpool's defence. Away victory hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lets hope Torres scoring record against Chelsea continues today :p

Drogba and Torres together; two of the best strikers in the world playing together, but it doesn't necessarily work. Can't wait to see them in action together. Torres sporting some insider knowledge re; Liverpool's defence. Away victory hopefully.

Could be a lethal forward partnership, i do hope not though:cool:

• Advertisement

oh my god,Torres & Drogba in the one team,orgasmic.

This partnership will certainly work it wil divide defences,two horse pulling in different directions=split defence and a sad looking Reina.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I think I would have started Suarez today ahead of Maxi and switching between himself and Kuyt. (Thats if I did see the correct team sheet.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

I'll be wholeheartedly supporting Liverpool today*. 2-1 (Gerard, Suarez ; Drogba). :)

* - For 90 mins at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Kenny is hardly using the old sweeper system here is he? Possibly the position that most suits Agger.

I'm just confused and excited, can't wait to see what way he is setting up this team. I don't think its just a plain 3 centre backs. Doesn't make any sense against Chelsea imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yakult wrote: »
    I think I would have started Suarez today ahead of Maxi and switching between himself and Kuyt. (Thats if I did see the correct team sheet.)

The guys played 20mins of football in what? the past 7 weeks :confused:

He won't last a full game and it makes sense that we're breaking him in slowly

Suprised Suarez didnt get the start today, has he been injured before he arrived at anfield:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Don't like our formation at all. We'll be rolled over in mdifield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Serious overbite on Suarez.

Suprised Suarez didnt get the start today, has he been injured before he arrived at anfield:confused:

He was serving an 8 game ban so hasn't played in a month or so.

• Advertisement

Don't like our formation at all. We'll be rolled over in mdifield.
    But you are only guessing at the formation. You don't really know what way its setting up. None of us have any clue, people are just guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

He was banned for biting someone i think, so lacks match fitness

I reckon the three at the back is partly to compensate for Skrtel and Carra's chances of getting caught out ot position or one-on-one against Chelsea's attack. Things will be very tight.

Lucas and Gerrard will have their hands full dealing with Chelsea breaking forward though, so I could see a card there. Ditto Mikel and Essien.

The back three will probably need to turn to a four or five regularly to counter the three Chelsea strikers. If Johnson and Kelly neglect their defensive duties in any way then they'll be made pay.

There is a lot of pace in that Chelsea attack as well which won't suit Carragher and Skrtel.

oh hurry up and start Im gonna whiz my pantys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

i know it means sweet feck all but this is some stat
    It is nine hours and 57 minutes since a Liverpool player last scored in the league at Chelsea - Bruno Cheyrou netting the only goal of the match in January 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Expecting a rough afternoon. Hope I'm wrong. :(

iMuse wrote: »

Hopefully he is as hungry today as he was in that match.

I know:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lets hope Torres scoring record against Chelsea continues today :p
    Ye ya's usually need our help to score against us at home in the league :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hopefully he is as hungry today as he was in that match.

I know:o

Services_Pet_Taxi.jpg

• Advertisement

iMuse wrote: »

But not hunger.:pac:

Advertisement