Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a T-bar for speaker stand

• 04-02-2011 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

need one of these to hold 2 heavy lights, must be able for the weight and be able to fit a 35mm speaker pole. Cant find one anywhere and need one by next weekend - anybody know where I can source one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

kingaaa wrote: »
    need one of these to hold 2 heavy lights, must be able for the weight and be able to fit a 35mm speaker pole. Cant find one anywhere and need one by next weekend - anybody know where I can source one?

Chance SLC (Stage Lighting Centre) in Brunswick Place, Dublin something or other (not far from town)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

just tried them Jimi, the guy that deals with stands wasn't there - but they seem to just stock high-end stuff for stage production, tv etc...etc...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

just tried them Jimi, the guy that deals with stands wasn't there - but they seem to just stock high-end stuff for stage production, tv etc...etc...?

Ah they're not terribly highend. Used to use them a bit with the drama society in college and they were pretty obliging. You could also chance soundhire. I know they've T-Bars as I rented one off them before, not sure about fittings

http://www.soundhire.ie/contactus.cfm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

No, they do small stands to. Talk to them, they'll have what you need.

No, they do small stands to. Talk to them, they'll have what you need.

Tried them unclebill98, do dont do anything that would suit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

maplin, just buy a lighting stand, a speaker stand doesn't go high enough for
    lighting,

Quiggers wrote: »
    maplin, just buy a lighting stand, a speaker stand doesn't go high enough for
    lighting,

got a lightstand from maplins at xmas - they are flimsy pieces of s**t! wouldn't support my 2 acme falcons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Milleniums from Thomann are decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Tried them unclebill98, do dont do anything that would suit

Strange. Id say your better off hiring a stand for the event.

A t-bar would have to safely lock onto existing stand which can be tricky. Then unless its round your into specific clamps. Most clamps are designed to be safely used with round bars.

How heavy are the fixtures?

Strange. Id say your better off hiring a stand for the event.

A t-bar would have to safely lock onto existing stand which can be tricky. Then unless its round your into specific clamps. Most clamps are designed to be safely used with round bars.

How heavy are the fixtures?

Got it sorted, and cheap at the price too! I was looking on the internet for a specific "tee-piece" and came across a company in coolock that do stainless steel hand-rails. The do a tee-piece for joining 2 handrails together onto an upright section that fits 35mm poles like a glove, €8.90 each! just drilled a couple of holes to stop the bars sliding and there you go, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the advice lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement