Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blackberry connection problem

Options
  • 04-02-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a blackberry and for some reason it wont connect to my home router, it recognises it but when i try go to a website it says it cant connect. in manage connections there is vodafone and a tick beside it but beside the eircom one is a -, im presuming this means something but iv no idea how to fix it, any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Hi
    You need to set it up to connect to the home wifi
    Manage Connections- Set Up Wi-Fi Network-Scan For Networks
    When it finds your home network, highlight it press the Blackberry button and choose connect. If it says your wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup, just click cancel and type in your network password and click on Connect

That should sort it and store the settings on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

thanks for the reply mike, iv done that and iv put in the password and it says its connected but when i try go to a web page it says no connection. it worked fine and then i went away for a few weeks on holiday and since iv been back it wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Sorry. Only saw your reply now!
    Very odd
    So does the wi-fi symbol/icon on the screen actually turn white or just stay grey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 J.P.M.

thanks for the reply mike, iv done that and iv put in the password and it says its connected but when i try go to a web page it says no connection. it worked fine and then i went away for a few weeks on holiday and since iv been back it wont work

I had this problem after coming home from Spain too. Rang support and they had it sorted no problem.

Advertisement