Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pin code?

Options
  • 04-02-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,i need some advice on how to get a pin number for a phone,the phone belonged to my sister who was found dead recently,as bad at this is we dont know when she died which is awful,i sent her a text on a certain day and recieved an answer shortly after so i know she was ok at that time,we found her a few days later when a friend who used to call or ring every now and then contacted us because she was worried,and we found her,there was a post mortem but we wont have the results for a few weeks,if i could get into her phone i could see when she last used in and it will either confirm my worst fears or could ease then a lot,the phone is an 085/meteor and meteor were absolutely usless and cited the user data protection act,i explained my situation to the girl i was dealing with and explained my story could be verified by the gardai who were present when we forced entry but it fell on deaf ears,im wondering is their some way to overwrite the pin or is there some shop somewhere that can do it,id prefer if i did'nt get any sympathy messages and i know all intentions would be meant well but im struggling and would find it hard going so if anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would be a great help,regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Is there any chance that the call records/ texts are stored to the phone rather than the sim? If so you could just put in another sim. (Sorry if that's a stupid question or you've already tried it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

thanks for the reply,to be honest im afraid to mess with it as i switched phones the other day as i could not find the charger and when i put my sim back in my normal phone im after losing some texts or else they have changed order,i will have to get a someone with better understanding than myself,meteor said if i could tell them when it was last topped up they might be able to help so tomorrow i will call to her place and go through the bins to try to find a top up receipt,thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Could you ask the local Gardai to write to Meteor and ask the to provide a printout of calls from and to the phone from x date to y date. They do that in all cases of violent death anyway, so they should know the procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Sorry to hear about that, if you go into the meteor shop you could ask for the phone to be unlocked if your sister purchased a certain amount of credit, i think it's 150 euro, if that fails you could always go to one of the chinease shops that unlock phones behind o connel street, it's a simple enough procedure from what i've heard and i think they do it while you wait, however you might be taking a risk that they could mess it up, to be honest the guards should be able to get the phone records off meteor without any issues in a situation like this.

i will ask the gardai tomorrow but as it looks like a non violent death and they are happy with things as they stand id say i would very lucky to get that sort of info off them,i must say that the gardai were very good in very difficult circumstances and i must send them on some thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

call up meteor customer care. on the automated system it usually has a puk code option (does with o2 anyway, i've not tried meteor). you enter number and dob and it gives you puk. a puk is used to reset the pin once the wrong pin is entered 3 times. this might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Really sorry to hear about your Sister :(

To be honest the Gardai you dealt with should know better, unfortunately its not your account so you won't be able to access no matter the circumstance.

A Garda liaison has the right to request this from meteors data protection office, thats the route they should be following, you won't get it by calling customer care.

Sorry.

i have sent a long letter to meteor and hope it will do and i will try the guards tomorrow,thanks for taking time to answer,regards

Advertisement