Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice not done today in Donegal for Garda McCallion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ciaracawley

<snip>

Please read the charter before posting, attack the post not the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN wrote: »
    As someone who lived in NI for 33yrs of my life, it seems to be getting held up as some sort of example of a tough legal system.

<snip>

but basically there are plenty of people on the streets who should be behind bars.

Don't think all wrong doers are in prison just becase you read 1 story about someone getting time for stealing jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

<snipped>

You weren't at the scene or the courthouse, so you (or I) can't say this for definite.

I'm guessing, whatever went on in court, lead the jury to believe that he didn't just "drive at the garda"

He was trying to get away, spotted a gap to escape, and went for it.

Did he intentionally aim for the garda?
    Or was the garda (unfortunately) standing in the wrong place/wrong time?

And remember the Garda wasn't wearing an illuminated jacket.

I hope he is sent away for a long, long time.

But don't tar Donegal people as 'sticking with one of our own.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lendmeyourear

I dont, giving him life in jail just because twas a garda he killed would be far worse in my opinion

I did not mention Garda, a severe penalty for killing any person in this manner is required but the fact that it was a Garda there to protect you and me makes it all the more sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    If he didnt mean to kill the cop then it cant be murder, simple as

The charge was for manslaughter not murder.
    I view it in basically he same way as this and it is why it is death by dangerous driving as opposed to any manslaughter or murder conviction.

The conviction should be for vehicular manslaughter. His actions with his vehicle resulted in the death of a person, weather intent was there or not, that is all the proofs needed for such a conviction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

This man was being sentenced today and lets hope that he gets a good long sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

"THE thug death driver who killed brave Garda Robbie McCallion"

Nice unbiased piece of journalism right there

The guy is a thief. He has now killed a police officer. I would use stronger words than "thug" tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement