Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you use the Thanks system on here?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Not a chance, I'm getting closer by the minute. Brace yourself!

Let's not go there or we will both be getting a MOD PM.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

thanked alot of mods comments just to annoy the ol op :D

I am absolutely raging right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

bring back facekicker

What is this Rep system you speak of.
    Also, how would anyone know if a poster died? There should be something put in place for such an event..?

No one knows I'm on here only me so how would you know if I died.

I am absolutely raging right now.

you are messing of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

hondasam wrote: »
    No one knows I'm on here only me so how would you know if I died.
    That's my point. If you humans die and nobody else knows who you are, how will other posters know what happened to you.
    (I had something else to post too....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Also, how would anyone know if a poster died? There should be something put in place for such an event..?

Why, are you going to swoop in and claim their thankses (back away grammar nazis) because they don't need them?? Cruel Teddy, cruel!

That's my point. If you humans die and nobody else knows who you are, how will other posters know what happened to you.
    (I had something else to post too....)

you humans :eek:

wtf are you A robot ?

assume if I stop posting I'm dead and gone to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

pow wow wrote: »
    Why, are you going to swoop in and claim their thankses (back away grammar nazis) because they don't need them?? Cruel Teddy, cruel!
    I'm just wondering, don't care about being thanked off. It means nothing. Posters probable have died. Maybe that facesmasher guy died! Or maybe that pighead might die and nobody would know.

Thumbs up for pighead? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I'm just wondering, don't care about being thanked off wanked off. It means nothing. Posters probable have died. Maybe that facesmasher guy died! Or maybe that pighead might die and nobody would know.

Thumbs up for pighead? :pac::pac:

Fyp ;)

Usually someone who knows the boardsie in real life tells someone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I thank posts that I think are particularly witty and original. So yes to a degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

*Awaits orestes' "thanks"*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP - So you generally thanks posts which are undeserving then - fcuking genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I just wish you could thank yourself off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

super-rush wrote: »
    Have you ever noticed how many people get so worked up over the fucking thanks system? I mean really, go outside and get some fresh air and worry about something important. Its getting sad at this stage.
    +1

And what really pisses me off is when someone comes along and bitches about the thanks system, and then receives a load of thanks from "YEAH! GUD4U! FITE DA POWER! RABBLE!" idiots who completely fail to see the irony. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

thanks, but no 'no thanks'?! thats what mostly pisses me off

also i see the stupidest, sh!ttiest most lackluster attempts at a wry comment get thanked, often en masse, esp. when there was something much better just prior to it - then i think its a complete waste of time. i have started to use it, but i think i'll just cease now.. but then i may slide into uncaring mirth mode again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

It's shíte and i never thank anyone. Cool story bro and tl;dr can still draw over 10 thanks. That's just fúcking retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Snow Patrol, they are the guys who's songs all sound the same, right? :P

Yes. Lovely bunch of lads, terrible songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Most annoying is "Chinese great bunch of lads"

Guaranteed to get you 10 plus thanks anything chinese related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

+1

And what really pisses me off is when someone comes along and bitches about the thanks system, and then receives a load of thanks from "YEAH! GUD4U! FITE DA POWER! RABBLE!" idiots who completely fail to see the irony. :rolleyes:
    And those who whinge about thanks funnily enough don't seem to demand such a ream of thanks, this supposed scourge, under their post be removed. They also don't seem to have a problem with thanking those who agree with them.

Jesus, my head hurts now... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Have to say I use it almost exclusively in a sarcastic manner, to Thank people who have entirely missed the point of a post, or launched on tirades against me or whatnot. They generally make me chuckle anyway.

The odd time I'll use it on a funny post, because quoting an entire message just to put 'lolz' makes you look like a tard.

Anyone else notice when a mod wades into a thread to mouth off about being a mod, they tend to get a **** load of Thanks? Cringe worthy.

blatant "give me loads of thanks'" post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

to be thanked is a great offense. only the cruddest posts, get thanked. by weaklings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Grasshoppa

How does one bestow these thanks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭mandyarms

Not Yet:eek:

mandyarms wrote: »
    Not Yet:eek:

There you are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭mandyarms

Hondasam popped my cherry:D

I hope you enjoyed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

There you are :)
    I hope you enjoyed it :D

You people make me sick

You people make me sick

how sick are ya ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I use it when I'm agreeing with what someone is saying or when I find their post funny

• Advertisement
Advertisement