Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phone help required.

Options
  • 04-02-2011 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty out of date here and I'm looking to treat myself by getting a nice new phone. I lost my Tocco Light a while back and I've been using a prehistoric thing.
    The whole smart phone thing is slightly over my head but I assume it's to do with apps and being wi-fi capable.
    To give an idea, I'm looking for something not passed three hundred. The Samsung Wave seems to have caught my eye. I'm looking for a phone that would last a while, I'm in for a crap time financially so I want a good investment, not something that would seem hopelessly out of date after a few months. Would the Wave be a good choice? I see it's with O2 and I'm currently with Meteor. A company called Fonez or something seem to have the Wave Sim free for about three thirty. Would I be better going Sim free as opposed to going into an O2 store?
    Anyway, that's the idea that's in my head. Before I follow it up and blow some money I wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts. I see there is a Samsug Wave topic, I had a read, though it didn't address my own issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Why don't you look on Adverts for a cheap high-end? You could easily get a HTC Desire on there for 300. Don't restrict to the Desire though, look at the likes of the Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S etc. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Good idea Luke but I had a look at adverts there and there are no options for me in Galway. Everybody using the thing seems to be a Dubliner! I had a look on ebay... I suppose I could go that way. Bidding can be a pain, as can be returns but if it'll save me money right now I might just go for it.
    I'm still wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Wave, or even if there are a good enough bunch of apps. I keep hearing about cool ones but I've never as much as used a smart phone yet! :o

Oh hey, I see you mentioned the Desire and Galaxy S. Would these be definite better choices than what I'm looking at already?

Advertisement