Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry or.....??

Options
  • 04-02-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭

Hi

I know that this topic has probably been done to death but I want to get a blacberry. Im currently with meteor and I dont fancy changing networks as the free texts and calls that I avail of suits me and my circle of friends down to the ground.

I know I can get a BB on vodafone but dont fancy changing over to them, I was thinking of buyin the phone and gettin it unlocked so I would be ale to put my own sim in but would I loose any of the features if I do?

The main reason I want a BB apart from liking them is I'm big into Facebook, Twitter and e-mailing so I heard the BB's are great for this, but If anybody has any other suggestions for a good phone that would enable me to use the above mentiones and also on meteor, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

1. Blackberries are terrible.
    2. Blackberries are not supported by Meteor, many features won't work.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Any of the new breed of smart phones are good for those use cases. Personally i'm a fan of Windows Phone 7, the facebook integration and email handling on it are really good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Danye wrote: »
    The main reason I want a BB apart from liking them is I'm big into Facebook, Twitter and e-mailing so I heard the BB's are great for this

All smartphones are great for this. Iphone / Android phones / Windows 7

I'd say no matter what phone you buy will meet those needs fine.

So the next thing to look at is what else do you want to do with the phone. Do any of your friends have any? They're getting complicated to buy these days, too many options :)

There is an Android forum on Boards
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343
    Have a read to get some idea of the apps and features available.

Iphone is probably here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1176

There doesn't seem to be a dedicated Windows 7 forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=17262903#
    but it's kind of new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 J.P.M.

srsly78 wrote: »
    1. Blackberries are terrible.
    2. Blackberries are not supported by Meteor, many features won't work.

1. That's not very useful is it? Why?
    2. Correct. Only Vodafone would be able to support the Blackberry data plan, for example Blackberry Messenger, which is extremely secure and very efficient in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Ive got a Windows Phone and the main few things i ever used to turn my screen on Android was to be to check FB and twitter so now i just go into the Peoples hub and have all my Windows Live Contacts and Facebook friends there with their updates. Also pictures hub displays all the latest photos from your friends and pulls down your albums from facebook. The best thing that you get all you email in full HTML :) so you can see everything instead of lines of addresses like in Android.

And if your into apps WP7 marketplace has growth of 500 apps average per month :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement