Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are you voting for??

Options
  • 04-02-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen another one of these threads yet so I thought I'd start one.

Anyways, it's my first time voting (ie I'm 18), never thought I'd actually vote but it seems fairly important considering the circumstances. Thing is, I haven't a clue who I'm voting for so I need some help! I was hoping ye could all share who ye're voting for, and also give reasons why (or why not) to vote for a candidate.
    I'm leaning towards FF (*ducks for cover*) because they seem to be the best of a bad bunch, however, I admittedly know very little about politics.
    Any opinions welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

If you know very little about politics, I'd urge you not to vote. It's because of people like that we had the whole Lisbon Treaty debacle.

Although there's plenty of time to read up until then. Go read what the candidates have to say, there's plenty of info out there.

If I can give you two tips:

1) Don't base your vote on who your family votes for, that's why FF are still in power.
    2) Don't vote for FG just because FF were in power when it went tits up. That's why FG will probably win, the same way Conservatives did in England.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

A very good way to vote, particularly in Galway is to give 15 to the one you hate most, then 14 and so on up to 1 . It is very easy and leaves you with one or two real choices in the end. :D

Practice here

http://www.boards.ie/vote

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Form your own opinion. It's one of the last freedoms you have left, use it.
    It's very hard to find exactly where each party stands on every issue but do have a read of the General Election forum and try to educate yourself.
    Try to figure out what the most important issues are for you and where the various parties/independents stand on those issues.

Galway West General Election
    Galway East Election Thread

Btw, click my sig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Which of the candidates are pro-Air Show?
    This will increase the likelihood that I'll give them a vote.

I dislike that Connolly and O Brolchain so they'll be at the bottom.
    Not gonna vote FF though as a rule this time round though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Elohim wrote: »

I dislike that Connolly and O Brolchain so they'll be at the bottom.
    Not gonna vote FF though as a rule this time round though.

this country is in ruins and you'll swing your vote for a day out in Salthill. FAIL

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

PomBear wrote: »
    this country is in ruins and you'll swing your vote for a day out in Salthill. FAIL

That's the worst thing about democracy.

If they have kept records of the people who voted in X-Factor, they should be taken off the electoral register lest we get people voting in whatever TD has the most rad hairstyle or whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Elohim wrote: »

TRUST ME SON
    ........there'll be no EVIL airshow!

[IMG][/img]5005257.jpg

Advertisement