Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband for torrents

• 04-02-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I was with Irish broadband for 2 years which was excellent until we needed wireless for laptops, fixed for xbox and downloading, just became a major pain in the ....
    anyway I switched to digiweb and mostly can't complain, I noticed that the 7mb service I'm paying for €77 a month with free calls, is more expensive than the 20mb service they have been offering sinse the autumn, ( they didn't inform me of this or upgrade me)
    I think that is pretty bad customer service, but I should have know to check every now and then,
    I now want to consider a change digiweb say my landline can only take 11 or 12 mb's so what's the best option stay with digiweb and pay €66.00 for 20mb's even though it will only give me 12mb's but it is better than I'm getting and cheaper too, the sales man said the ratio is 24-1 but customer service says it's 48-1,
    any advice would be greatly appreciated, I/we need
    wireless for laptops and wii
    fixed for xbox (i know you can use wireless for it)
    fixed for main pc
    I download a lot of torrents so the Eircom 3 strikes rule is a no go area,
    I need all of these options to work at the same time
    regardsDLB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭billyboy01

Well if you transfer up and down more then 250gb's of data dont go near UPC, as you will have a run in with there AUP crowd, and be charged 80quid extra on top of your BB bill!

If you are in a Magnet covered area with an ADSL2+ enabled exchange, you can get BB with up to 24megs, I get 14-15megs with real life no caps unless you take the mick and DL thousands of gigabytes or so there tech support assured me, but they gave me a decent price reduction! Works fine for Xbox gaming and torrents! You get free wkend and evening calls local and national and 100mins of international calls!

Advertisement